2009 Music

I didn't like the new dredg at all, just a few bits, they took the pop side a bit too far and not even the guitar sounds like them

i feel it is a pretty natural progression for them. not only that i feel its there best album to date and album of the year so far.

best albums this year so far:

1. Madder Mortem - Eight Ways
2. Sólstafir - Köld
3. Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

It was indeed a great album.. and i have a feeling it will grow on me to be atleast on this years top three.
also, received Placebo today.. listening tonight (or tomorrow.. perhaps going to sleep now instead :))

Dredg is good...but thier debut was played SO much in the record store (RIP) I used to work in that I got burnt out on them...

i only recently listened to leitmotif for the first time and for the most part i found it pretty horrible. gavin really could not sing back then and the nu metal influences were pretty disgusting.

For Doom fans and I suppose early Katatonia fans, The Morningside put out a demo this year entitled Moving Crosscurrent Of Time. I downloaded a zip file from their site, but there was no track organization and a few of them had different album tags and a few had none at all. I found a track listing on Metal Archives in which the zip file I downloaded from the band itself had a missing track or two. I saw a different zip file somewhere that had the track listing from Metal Archives. I am not sure how accurate Metal Archives is or is not. I suppose I am rambling, but I guess I am trying to give those who might check them out information that they might like to know.

Also check out their first album, The Wind, The Trees and The Shadows Of The Past. I am really getting into it at the time. Classic Doom and fantastic melodies.