Onder

Apr 10, 2006
Here we discuss the Sochi olympics. My tip is that either Canada or Russia is going to win the hockey tournament and I so don't want dem Russians to win.

Go.

Sweden isn't winning after these concussions on Steen and OEL plus Lundqvist playing himself out of a starter spot, that's basically 3 of our top 5 players out of the mix.

Russia is overrated imo, sure they have OV, Malkin, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk but their team is really thin behind them.

USA has a great group of defensemen but Canada has the same plus a better forward group, so my bet is on them.

The Czechs, Finns and Slovaks all have an outside shot but it's much smaller than it was four years ago as their best players are getting too old.

Sweden isn't winning after these concussions on Steen and OEL plus Lundqvist playing himself out of a starter spot, that's basically 3 of our top 5 players out of the mix.

Russia is overrated imo, sure they have OV, Malkin, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk but their team is really thin behind them.

USA has a great group of defensemen but Canada has the same plus a better forward group, so my bet is on them.

The Czechs, Finns and Slovaks all have an outside shot but it's much smaller than it was four years ago as their best players are getting too old.

Steen and OEL could still be back, considering the Olympics is still a ways away, but even if they do miss, Sweden is still really deep. They're still the best European team, and this Olympics is being played in Europe, on international sized ice. Canada and the US never do that well on international ice (both were mediocre to pretty bad at Nagano, Turino, etc. (and neither do very well at the IIHF World Championships)).

Sweden still has the best chance in my opinion.

Canada will win in Curling. Right? I mean, who else besides me and other Canadians gives a fuck about this sport?

Fuck, I wish I had TV so I can watch the Winter Olympics. I want to see another dude die on TV.

Canada will win in Curling. Right? I mean, who else besides me and other Canadians gives a fuck about this sport?

Fuck, I wish I had TV so I can watch the Winter Olympics. I want to see another dude die on TV.

You don't have TV? You fancy curling?

I care. I care alot.
That game curling takes patience though. But if you start watching, it can get real nerve wracking.
But have to be able to stick with it.
And it helps if it's your team playing...

I didn't find a czech team on the curling list so fuck that shit.

Steen and OEL could still be back, considering the Olympics is still a ways away, but even if they do miss, Sweden is still really deep. They're still the best European team, and this Olympics is being played in Europe, on international sized ice. Canada and the US never do that well on international ice (both were mediocre to pretty bad at Nagano, Turino, etc. (and neither do very well at the IIHF World Championships)).

Sweden still has the best chance in my opinion.

Salt Lake was played on big ice actually, and that was a Canada - USA final. Also, every Swedish Olympic player normally plays on small ice anyway so it shouldn't be an advantage.

With a healthy squad Sweden is the clear cut #2 behind Canada but without Steen and OEL I don't believe in a final at least.

Hockey rosters are out, no big surprises except Chris Kunitz for Canada's first line (he can thank Crosby for that) and Henrik fucking Tallinder over Victor Hedman. :erk:

Why do you Czechs hate Russians so much anyway? The Czechs I know really hate them, like get upset if they have a shop in their city or something. It would be socially embarrassing for these same Czech people to say something like "fuck off (insert ethnic or religious minority)" because would mean they were being unWestern and backwards, but Russians get the full vent of good old days style nationalistic fury. I guess it's because they dominated your country for decades with communism and shit.