I laughed at our roster. And no Lehner just made me sad...

Jonas Gustavsson making it is a head scratcher

Both Gustavsson and Lehner should be in imo, it's Enroth that I don't understand.

So I watched a couple hours of curling yesterday in preparation, and I think I finally understand what it's about. But I'm more excited to see the slavs kick ass at the biathlon.

Martin Fourcade will win every single race he partakes in. ;)

Just saw that Jurco was placed on the Slovakian roster

So I guess for the hockey tournament I'll be cheering on USA first, Sweden second, and then Slovakia

Tomas Tatar and Tomas Jurco plus former Wings player Tomas Kopecky ... and three more players named Tomas Go Team Tomas!

Just saw that Jurco was placed on the Slovakian roster

So I guess for the hockey tournament I'll be cheering on USA first, Sweden second, and then Slovakia

Tomas Tatar and Tomas Jurco plus former Wings player Tomas Kopecky ... and three more players named Tomas Go Team Tomas!

That's nice.

I'm going to root for the US, but I would like to see the Finns, Swedes, and Swiss do well too. I don't mind Canada either, considering I love Getzy and Perry (but what Ducks fan doesn't?) :)

We should've picked Lehner instead of Gustavsson. Alfie shouldn't be there (sorry but too old), Hedman is nowhere to be seen and Ericsson and Oduya were picked before him... Geez I just hope that we're lucky with injuries and so on..
If I were Per I would go with

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - L.Eriksson
H.Zetterberg - N.Bäckström - A.Steen
J.Silfverberg - M.Johansson - Franzén
C.Hagelin - M.Zibanejad - G.Landeskog

E.Karlsson - N.Kronwall
O.E-L - V.Hedman
A.Edler - N.Hjalmarsson/J.Brodin

H.Lundqvist
R.Lehner

J. Enroth

Might be so and he might have some routine but I rather go with an younger player with great skating and endurance.

Well, the Olympics are going to be real soon, so I think Alfie totally deserves to be on the team. It's not like they just chose to team for the 2018 Olympics. Alfie is reliable, and with Eriksson and Steen being questionable, bringing Alfie along was a good move (if he sucks for some reason, you're not forced to play him). Sweden is deep, but they're not Canada deep. Alfie is still a very good option for them.

I'm surprised and happy for Silfverberg. I'm sure a lot of people haven't seen much of him yet, and he has literally one of the best snap/wrist shots ever. Hopefully OEL plays, as he's another favorite of mine, and yeah, I don't get the Hedman snub. I understand rewarding somebody for their play the last few years and not just this year, but I guarantee Hedman would've been better next month than Tallinder, and maybe Oduya and Ericsson too, although they're still pretty good. Lastly, I'm sure they would've picked Fasth if he was healthy, but he has been glass this year.

I still think as long as Lundqvist doesn't choke for whatever reason, they should be one of the favorites to win Gold (and my gut feeling is Sweden will win).

Go USA (and kind of Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, and Canada, too)! :heh:

Jágr and Nedvěd will probably be in one line right? Why doesn't Hašek go in the net? Why isn't Hlinka the couch?? (oh wait, that one's actually dead).

Why do you Czechs hate Russians so much anyway? The Czechs I know really hate them, like get upset if they have a shop in their city or something. It would be socially embarrassing for these same Czech people to say something like "fuck off (insert ethnic or religious minority)" because would mean they were being unWestern and backwards, but Russians get the full vent of good old days style nationalistic fury. I guess it's because they dominated your country for decades with communism and shit.

I don't really hate them per se, I just kinda know it's them. It doesn't have to do much with the politics tbh, I hate village czechs who vote for communists much more. It's their fault we're leaning back east. Every seventh voting czech voted for commies last time. Fucking villagers.

I was looking forwards to the Hertl / Plekanec / Jágr line though and that one will unfortunately never be reality. :(

I'm surprised anyone does. I still don't understand how curling is an Olympic sport but golf is not.

Whenever I accidentally see golf on TV they can't pot the fucking white piece of shit ball even when they're like two feet away. It makes me facepalm that the sport can be popular when it's just rich people walking around well-maintained places. I'd rather watch darts.

I'm surprised anyone does. I still don't understand how curling is an Olympic sport but golf is not.

Dart should be an Olympic sport before golf.
And dart should not be. ever

Team sport, on ice, original...
And what tha hell is golf but a fuck you to the working class?
If baseball is an Olympic sport there's no need for golf to be.
And this is the winter Olympics - you wanna see winter golf then?
I'd watch that. Rich, fat, fuckers running around in the snow trying to find their little fucking ball. But they have assistants for that, don't they - caddies.
A sport huh - fuck no...

We should've picked Lehner instead of Gustavsson. Alfie shouldn't be there (sorry but too old), Hedman is nowhere to be seen and Ericsson and Oduya were picked before him... Geez I just hope that we're lucky with injuries and so on..
If I were Per I would go with

E.Karlsson - N.Kronwall
O.E-L - V.Hedman
A.Edler - N.Hjalmarsson/J.Brodin

Ericsson and Oduya make more sense than Tallinder. The idea is obviously to use two good established defense pairings in Oduya - Hjalmarsson from the Blackhawks and Ericsson - Kronwall from the Red Wings. While Hedman and Brodin individually are better than Oduya and Ericsson, this is only a seven game tournament which makes it easier to use people who already play together on a daily basis and are used to each other.