http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=25858

Capitals' Erat named to Czech Republic team
Tuesday, 02.04.2014 / 9:50 AM
By NHL.com Staff - / Road to Sochi blog

Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat has been named to the Czech Republic roster for the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

He takes the place of St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka, who went on injured reserve this past weekend with a leg injury.

"We've counted with Vladimir Sobotka as a top two-way forward, he is extraordinary on defense," Czech Republic coach Alois Hadamczik said. "After he got injured, we had to find similar kind of a player and Martin Erat is best in defense among all candidates."

Erat has 21 points, all assists, in 48 games for the Washington Capitals this season.

"It's always nice to play for your national team, especially as a big tournament as Olympics are," said Erat, who will make his third Olympic appearance. "It's going to be nice to change scenarios for a while and hope [we] get something done there."

Erat had a goal and an assist in eight games at the 2006 Torino Games and one assist in five games at the 2010 Vancouver Games.

Erat has also represented the Czech Republic in multiple World Championships as well as the World Junior Championship during his international career.

Apparently the first line is Červenka / Plekanec / Jágr. The first match against Sweden is on WED FEB 12. Swedes, what you got there? Also, let's guess the final scores of games.

Målvakter:
Henrik Lundqvist, N Y Rangers
Jhonas Enroth, Buffalo
Jonas Gustavsson, Detroit

Backar:
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit
Oliver Ekman Larsson, Phoenix
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo
Alexander Edler, Vancouver
Johnny Oduya, Chicago
Jonathan Ericsson, Detroit

Forwards:
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit
Daniel Alfredsson, Detroit
Patrik Berglund, St. Louis
Marcus Krüger, Chicago
Jakob Silfverberg, Anaheim
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington
Alexander Steen, St. Louis
Loui Eriksson, Boston
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå
Carl Hagelin, N Y Rangers
Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado
Johan Franzén, Detroit OUT - Gustav Nyquist

Sweden wins: 3 - 1

Yeah. Sweden Red Wings. Oh and Hjalmarsson / Oduya from Chicago. My guess is Sweden wins 4 - 1, but if czechs play tight defense well, it's possible they lose no more than 2-1. Hopefully they'll surprise me or something.

Målvakter:
Henrik Lundqvist, N Y Rangers
Jhonas Enroth, Buffalo
Jonas Gustavsson, Detroit

Backar:
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit
Oliver Ekman Larsson, Phoenix
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo
Alexander Edler, Vancouver
Johnny Oduya, Chicago
Jonathan Ericsson, Detroit

Forwards:
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver
Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit
Daniel Alfredsson, Detroit
Patrik Berglund, St. Louis
Marcus Krüger, Chicago
Jakob Silfverberg, Anaheim
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington
Alexander Steen, St. Louis
Loui Eriksson, Boston
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå
Carl Hagelin, N Y Rangers
Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado
Johan Franzén, Detroit

Sweden wins: 3 - 1

Franzén is out due to injury.

The opening ceremony was kinda lame. I watched few minutes of it at my friend's place.

My boys.

52f4ba9a53020e145dc30100-172654.jpg

^ I'm surprised teams are already letting players go, the hockey games are still a week or so away.

You're without Henrik Sedin too.

Yeah that is a hard blow, the Sedins are fantastic on big ice. I still consider us at the same level compared to a few months ago since at least our most important player in Lundqvist played like crap then but is really good right now.

Slopestyle was very entertaining. Looking forward to half pipe too of course. Other sports.. *shrug* I'll put them on in the background. I prefer the summer games. Also why on earth is skateboarding not a summer game? Don't they have halfpipe and something like slopestyle too?

Minor SPOILER Alert openng ceremonies...

Ill be watching the taped ceremony later, but did hear that one of the five Olympic rings did not light up or display? Thats not good lol.