Ill be watching the taped ceremony later, but did hear that one of the five Olympic rings did not light up or display? Thats not good lol.

Yea but it was only in the beginning. It was five snowflakes that opened up into rings, but the fifth one didnt open up, so it was 4 rings and a snowflake, lol. It opened up fine when they displayed it again later.

Overall, i enoyed the opening ceremony, much better than the crappy opening they had for the London games. Anyone know when the mens hockey gets underway? I wanna see Chara put in some work.

Yea but it was only in the beginning. It was five snowflakes that opened up into rings, but the fifth one didnt open up, so it was 4 rings and a snowflake, lol. It opened up fine when they displayed it again later.

Overall, i enoyed the opening ceremony, much better than the crappy opening they had for the London games. Anyone know when the mens hockey gets underway? I wanna see Chara put in some work.

There's a schedule on the NHL page including some American times.

Full prelimenary round schedule for mens ice hockey

Wed, Feb. 12 Czech Republic vs. Sweden 12 p.m. USA
Wed, Feb. 12 Latvia vs. Switzerland 12 p.m. MSNBC
Thu, Feb. 13 Finland vs. Austria 3 a.m. NBCSN
Thu, Feb. 13 Russia vs. Slovenia 7:30 a.m. MSNBC
Thu, Feb. 13 Slovakia vs. United States 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Thu, Feb. 13 Canada vs. Norway 12 p.m. USA
Fri, Feb. 14 Czech Republic vs. Latvia 3 a.m. MSNBC
Fri, Feb. 14 Sweden vs. Switzerland 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Fri, Feb. 14 Canada vs. Austria 12 p.m. USA
Fri, Feb. 14 Norway vs. Finland 12 p.m. MSNBC
Sat, Feb. 15 Slovakia vs. Slovenia 3 a.m. MSNBC
Sat, Feb. 15 United States vs. Russia 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sat, Feb. 15 Switzerland vs. Czech Republic 12 p.m. NBCSN
Sat, Feb. 15 Sweden vs. Latvia 12 p.m. USA
Sun, Feb. 16 Austria vs. Norway 3 a.m. USA
Sun, Feb. 16 Russia vs. Slovakia 7:30 a.m. USA
Sun, Feb. 16 Slovenia vs. United States 7:30 a.m. NBCSN
Sun, Feb. 16 Finland vs. Canada 12 p.m. USA

Yeah the CZE - SWE match will be watched at home or at the pub and the CZE - LAT match is at 9AM my time and I have free fridays so that's a homey home thing. We'll see about the others.

SILJE NORENDAL is one fiiiiiiiine looking slope style gal.

Had the Sochi 2014 app prior to start and S-TheScore sports app, both have a nice layout for all the mens and womens hockeys.

The mens downhill skiing is crazy...course is set up insane. Bode Miller quoted "course could kill you" lol, love this event.

Dont get me wrong, the opening ceremonies (minus the ring mishap) were all in all great imo. They always seem to be pretty spectacular and enjoyable. So much time and planning goes into it...they usually deliver.

SHIIIT!

Looks like it's going to be a shity olympics for me.
The TV network showing the games here cut to commercial at any moment. Today I was looking at womens curling and they were just about to deside what stone was closest (point stone) and that's when they cut away. FUUUCK!!

I've missed hockey goal (at least 2) before when the same TV network cut to commercials in the short breaks.

AND they cut mens ski mid in to a TV channel you have to pay for.

sucks

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Steen was a line on our first practice, that one would be really hard to both defend and score against, I like.

Bäckström takes Henrik Sedin's spot between Daniel and Loui Eriksson, makes sense since Bäckström is the same type of slow possession style player as Henrik. Daniel has questionable shape but this line could still be really dangerous on big ice.

Anyone know how other teams have practiced their lines?

The two I know about should be:
Červenka - Plekanec - Jágr
Voráček - Krejčí - Palát

EDIT: Tomorrow, guys!

Those lines probably make the most sense. Crosby, Getzlaf and Toews are all playing with their right hand men.

I can't wait to see who will start the game against Finland for Canada, I mean obviously Luongo or Price will alternate between the first two games between Austria and Norway, but after that it's anyones guess, my guess is Price as he's been far more consistent this year, and yes I realize Luongo has more experience.

hot winter olympians

Dufour-Lapointe sisters
13403_bg.jpg

Kiira Korpi
kiira_korpi1.jpg

No I'm in love with her too. It just doesn't cheer me up to see a girl like that. My initial reaction is "oh no. goddamit."

Not my type at all, but she's definitely still a 9, at least. I've never been a fan of Nordic girls, despite my near obsession with things from that region.