American "black metal"?

What a load of crap. Black metal is about the person/people involved in creating it; not where they are. If the ideal is right, and the artistic talent is there, then you have good black metal. Most Americans are idiots, yes, but there are those of us who are different from them, and create music demonstrating our contempt for stupidity and the modern world (american ignorance certainly included).

Norway generated the best black metal in history, but it was an ideal; a feeling. It is a rare thing, that is why it was exclusive for so long. If you do not get the idea, you do not get black metal, and you make boring crap like Judas Iscariot. I swear he just took a bunch of random riffs and slammed them together with no effort; contrary to what the music is supposed to be about. Black metal is not about making music that sounds evil. It is about art, the highest levels of the human mind, and transcending the boundaries of a stagnant and programmed society. Why am I explaining this again? I am sure noone gets it anyway.

Never78 said:
What a load of crap. Black metal is about the person/people involved in creating it; not where they are. If the ideal is right, and the artistic talent is there, then you have good black metal. Most Americans are idiots, yes, but there are those of us who are different from them, and create music demonstrating our contempt for stupidity and the modern world (american ignorance certainly included).

Norway generated the best black metal in history, but it was an ideal; a feeling. It is a rare thing, that is why it was exclusive for so long. If you do not get the idea, you do not get black metal, and you make boring crap like Judas Iscariot. I swear he just took a bunch of random riffs and slammed them together with no effort; contrary to what the music is supposed to be about. Black metal is not about making music that sounds evil. It is about art, the highest levels of the human mind, and transcending the boundaries of a stagnant and programmed society. Why am I explaining this again? I am sure noone gets it anyway.
Thank you. :Spin:

KMADD said:
What about Fog?
Woods Of Ypres?
Demoncy?
Hordes Of Nebullah?
And whomever posted about black dawn the band you were thinking is called
The True Black Dawn and to me they a awesome black/death metal hybrid
band from Vassa Finland.

That was me. The "Black Dawn" I am thinking of did that absolutely vicious album called "Blood for Satan". Is that the one you are talking about? I guess I was not sure where they were from, but I thought it was America. Either way.... I recommend Blood for Satan to anyone. Great CD. Nasty & Violent.

Mike

Does anyone really believe that there exist enough diversity in metal, especially where sound dynamics and themes are concerned-to warrant half a million subgenres like "blackened thrash" in the first place?

Can you say DIVIDE AND CONQUER?

Birkenau said:
That looks like...
754015wu.jpg

I've yet to hear this band, but due to the fact that they have integral ties to the spectacular Hail, I don't mock them. Of course, that's a horrendous name, but whatever, so is using a word from an invented language as your band name.

How do you desrcibe Demoncy? Blackened doom? To me at least their first
two cds sounded kind of like Beherit. I haven't heard their last cd when
I saw them live a couple of years ago here in Indy they sounded like
black metal to me at least their newer material.

KMADD said:
How do you desrcibe Demoncy? Blackened doom? To me at least their first
two cds sounded kind of like Beherit. I haven't heard their last cd when
I saw them live a couple of years ago here in Indy they sounded like
black metal to me at least their newer material.

Darkthrone + Beherit = black metal

anonymousnick2001 said:
Yeah, what about Woods of Ypres?

And Agalloch's early material boasted strong BM leanings, in the vein of Ulver.

This thread should be pirated into an American Black Metal Recommendation Thread, because the original post was shit, the poster is shit, and the argument of which black metal scene is better is a full-bown shit piñata and a half.

I say check out Grand Belial's Key, Tearstained, Absu, Leviathan, Weakling, and maybe even Goatwhore if you know what's good for you.

All right, someone on this site finally mentioned Goatwhore:D

As for American BM, I've listened to Grand Belial's Key and Leviathan; and thought they were both fairly good. Never really listend to Xarthur, both I've heard a lot of two-way criticism, so I really don't know what to expect..

Xasthur is embrarassingly monotonous and tedius, rarely progressing or moving on to an interesting idea. This is my experience, at least, listening to A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors (if that's what it's called), Nocturnal Poisoning, The Funeral Of Being, and To Violate The Oblivious. The best thing Malefic has ever done was covering Mutiilation.

Dodens Grav said:
Xasthur is embrarassingly monotonous and tedius, rarely progressing or moving on to an interesting idea. This is my experience, at least, listening to A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors (if that's what it's called), Nocturnal Poisoning, The Funeral Of Being, and To Violate The Oblivious. The best thing Malefic has ever done was covering Mutiilation.

Glad to see someone else not enjoy xasthur.