Anders best vocal performance?

hehe, Dance of december souls are one of the best albums i've ever heard, plus his growls were one of the best i've ever heard (also his best vocal performance imo).

Listen to October tide's first album, Jonas growled there without emotion... :( he only ruled for an short period of time imo.

And yeah, Katatonia's first album is much more emotional then their ''depressive'' rock.

Katatonia's newest album I think its the pinicle of Jonas' vocal career. It's equally as emotional as DODS just in a different way, and much more skilled. His voice is so dark and gloomy and seems so effortless. I appreciate the years and years he's invested in developing his sound anyways, even if DODS was one of their better moments.

You REALLY wouldn't be saying that if you had seen them live. I saw them during Metaltown this year and Mikaels voice like was like a deeper version of Abbath of Immortal. In short summary: extremely bad.

I've seen DT live 3 times and have watched many live preformances of YouTube and I still maintain that Mikael is the most emotional vocalist I've ever seen/heard in my life. Just check out the Youtube video of them prerforming "Lethe" a few years back. It gives me shivers everytime i watch it.

TBH it's pretty obvious that you don't know very much about the subject. Learn do it yourself and you'll see. Growls, screams, shouts, any type of extreme vocals can be filled with emotion of be completely emotionless, just like singing. People need to treat screaming more like singing, 'cause it's pretty much the same thing once you boil it down and get really used to it. Look at opera and falsetto singing, they're really different from regular chest voice singing, and so is screaming.

A screamer not putting emotions into his screams is either because lacks the technique to do it, or because he doesn't want to.

Saying screaming isn't singing is like saying tapping isn't playing the guitar.

Agree with this entirely.

I've seen DT live 3 times and have watched many live preformances of YouTube and I still maintain that Mikael is the most emotional vocalist I've ever seen/heard in my life. Just check out the Youtube video of them prerforming "Lethe" a few years back. It gives me shivers everytime i watch it.

Agreed, you must have caught them on a bad day mate. Both times I've seen them in the past year Mikael's been awesome.

Agree with this entirely.

Agreed, you must have caught them on a bad day mate. Both times I've seen them in the past year Mikael's been awesome.

caught them on a bad day? this whole time i've been arguing that Mikael is the best there is. I thought you were arguing against him.

Katatonia's newest album I think its the pinicle of Jonas' vocal career. It's equally as emotional as DODS just in a different way, and much more skilled. His voice is so dark and gloomy and seems so effortless. I appreciate the years and years he's invested in developing his sound anyways, even if DODS was one of their better moments.

I love Jonas' voice. Yet to pick up this album, but rest assured I will be!

Lethe is a brilliant song. It gives me butterflies in the stomach listening to it.

Ofcourse not.

If you'd take away the instruments it would still sound emotional, maybe not as emotional as it would be (with instruments and other stuff for the atmosphere.) But still emotional.
I don't think so. Moot point unless someone can come up the vocal tracks to The Gallery or something.
But I think you'd be shocked at the difference the music makes.

I'm sure you post stupid comments like this just to get a reaction, you utter spastic.
Damn straight. But I was hoping you'd call me gay.

TBH it's pretty obvious that you don't know very much about the subject. Learn do it yourself and you'll see. Growls, screams, shouts, any type of extreme vocals can be filled with emotion of be completely emotionless, just like singing. People need to treat screaming more like singing, 'cause it's pretty much the same thing once you boil it down and get really used to it. Look at opera and falsetto singing, they're really different from regular chest voice singing, and so is screaming.

A screamer not putting emotions into his screams is either because lacks the technique to do it, or because he doesn't want to.

Saying screaming isn't singing is like saying tapping isn't playing the guitar.
Do you have a fucking clue what you're talking about?
Screaming isn't singing the way palm muting isn't soloing.

Do you have a fucking clue what you're talking about?
Screaming isn't singing the way palm muting isn't soloing.

Yeah, I have a fucking clue what I'm talking about, and the point wasn't really the comparisons, it was that YOU had no clue what you were talking about.
I'm a vocalist, read my post, and I'm sure you'll get what I'm talking about

"Screaming isn't singing the way palm muting isn't soloing."
I don't really think that's a correct sentence. I'm swedish though, so I could be wrong, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Screaming isn't just making sounds, it's singing. Clean singing is probably what you're thinking about. But screaming is still singing.
I'll try to rephrase myself so you'll understand:
Saying singing isn't screaming is like saying tapping isn't playing the guitar.