Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Zygote said:
hey do us all a favor by never bringing up kurt "whinny" cobain up again, thx:Spin:

ok, i´m sorry:erk:

............ KURT COBAIN! :yell:
*runs and hides*

its alright, but i think most people share my haterd toward the man that took metal out of the mainstream.

But even, you have to admitt he had the most gay suicide note ever...

dead (the lead singer of mayhem) on the other hand. Has the best note of all time.

"Excuse all the blood"

Kurt cobain was all like, hey look at me, im and attention whoring pussy!

To growl properly, you have to first learn how to breathe with your stomach. To do it, start breathing with your mouth only, and put your hand over your stomach. If you're doing it properly, then when you inhale you should feel your stomach moving out, when exhaling you should feel it moving in, and your shoulders shouldn't be moving at all. When trying to growl, you need to use your larynx, not your throat(at least I think so...). To know where that is, just go look it up because I can't explain it :)

I have a question. Over the last week i had a really bad cold and now im pretty much back to normal, but now i cant growl the same. I cant seem to go as low or high or growl as long as i used to, and it just sounds like shit. I havent got a sore throat or anything anymore but i still got a lot of mucus coughing up. Anyway, im a bit worried. This ever happened to any of you guys, and did your voice go back to normal after a while.

Keep on growling and it'll all come out lol

You have to use your throat lol.......thats the only way you get a sound.....but pushing with your stomach is very important if not essential.

and i think i fucked it all up
i think i over"powerd" my throat and now its like some part of my troath hangs loose within.. anybody got the same problem.. or a solution?

butnix said:
and i think i fucked it all up
i think i over"powerd" my throat and now its like some part of my troath hangs loose within.. anybody got the same problem.. or a solution?

Lawlz.

Nub SAUCE...

Hey im attempting to learn how to growl/ scream but the stuff ive heard on here isnt so much what im looking for, im looking for mor like As I Lay Dying style and Killswitch Engage, is there a way just to work with it to get there or is there different ways to do it?
( o and buy the way i seen what u put about the guy growling "christ is not a fashion fading away" yeah dont diss all christian bands, As I Lay Dying is fukin awsome band and their christian and if u haven't heard them i sugjest u do.)

AsILayDyingFan!! said:
Hey im attempting to learn how to growl/ scream but the stuff ive heard on here isnt so much what im looking for, im looking for mor like As I Lay Dying style and Killswitch Engage, is there a way just to work with it to get there or is there different ways to do it?
( o and buy the way i seen what u put about the guy growling "christ is not a fashion fading away" yeah dont diss all christian bands, As I Lay Dying is fukin awsome band and their christian and if u haven't heard them i sugjest u do.)

Like said before; if you want the screaming style, buy The zen of screaming

Sorry but i didnt come on here to be told to go buy a something to teach me, the idea was im looking for some easy simple pointers instead of going and throwing away like 30$ on sumthing i might not need

yeah ive been messing around with my voice for a while now, the low growls dont seem to be a prob but i cant seem to go higher without hurting, if u wanna know sum really good screaming thats kinda what id like to do, check out this band i just seen at a local show, go to www.myspace.com/midnighteffect
check it out tell me if u like that screaming and if u have any even small tips how to do it lol cuz messin around doesnt seem to be working:err:
Peace

hey, i've just started trying to growl as of last night lol. and i'm progressing well thanks to a few sites i found and i have improved a bit more today thanks to your tips on here. and sorry i can't remember the username but the guy who posted mp3s by their band. your vocals are kick ass man, you will have to teach me! lol anyway thanks a lot guys

Ok i now have a not bad growl when i try hard enough. but i'm needing some easy songs to get me started picking up speed and forming words. i tried "cry my name" by BloodBath but i'm losing my growl at parts (obviously because i need more practice) its the speed at parts that are bothering me! so any easy songs any of you guys learned first?