Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Ahoy!
It was yet another boring weekend, so I decided to record a cover at home in my living room. -> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbWcFESfuU&fmt=18]Khold - Dod (Cover)[/ame] (please click on the "high quality audio" link, standard Youtube audio quality sucks donkey balls)

Very easy song, yet fun to play. Excellent stuff to practice guitar and home recording basics. I am not satisified with my vocals though... waaaay out of practice (some "grit" and power missing) :<

I have to be honest, I didn't really care for that one as much as your usual stuff Scavneck. You're good (well duh) but for some reason on that song the vocals don't really seem to fit the song. Not being an ass or anything. I think it may be because the track is slower, it would sound better if you went deeper for the vocals. Master's Apprentices is slowly being covered by everyone. It's kind of cool

Nuendo is much better than Acid I agree, Acid is more designed for tech type music in my experience with it. If anyone is interested, Reaper only $50 and is quite a kickass recording program. A lot of people seem to vouche for it and it's more powerful than programs like Acid. Although you can download the free trial but never actually have to pay for it when the 30 day trail is up. The trial has no limitations either.

http://www.reaper.fm/

I have to be honest, I didn't really care for that one as much as your usual stuff Scavneck. You're good (well duh) but for some reason on that song the vocals don't really seem to fit the song. Not being an ass or anything. I think it may be because the track is slower, it would sound better if you went deeper for the vocals. Master's Apprentices is slowly being covered by everyone. It's kind of cool

Nuendo is much better than Acid I agree, Acid is more designed for tech type music in my experience with it. If anyone is interested, Reaper only $50 and is quite a kickass recording program. A lot of people seem to vouche for it and it's more powerful than programs like Acid. Although you can download the free trial but never actually have to pay for it when the 30 day trail is up. The trial has no limitations either.

http://www.reaper.fm/

No problem man, success is only achieved by overcoming failures haha. The good thing about your comments is they are 100% honest and constructive. I'll give it another go, but I'm not sure it'll work better than this because I don't think my "lowers" will sound as natural.

I slowed down the tempo of the track so it sounds more like the original, if anyone wants it I'll send it to yer email, but most of you ppl here know how to do that by yerself.

I'll check Reaper out, Acid is great for beginners, because to work in Nuendo you will be needing tutorials pho sho and some knowledge about audio recording, sadly Acid lacks the sound and pluggin quality.

I actually wrote vocal arrangements for that song way back, but lack recording time. Not making fun but yeah the blast beats were the biggest problem in the song for me. I never liked blast beats though so don't take my opinion on that seriously.