Anthems vs. Nightside Eclipse

Emperor albums

• Total voters
Anthems was my first black metal album, so there's a nostalgia factor there, so it gets my vote.

IX Equilibrium is enjoyable, though it does have some duds. Prometheus is garbage.

Anthems.

I love both records, but Anthems (for me) exhibits and possesses the mythic qualities and rampant heathenism that I love in black metal. In the Nightside Eclipse is epic in its own ways, and extremely evil; but in my opinion, it lacks the direction and concept that makes Anthems so majestic. I also love symphonic black metal, so Anthems really epitomizes that for me.

Furthermore, I think Ihsahn's clean vocals are very good. The mix of the two adds a whole new dimension to the record.

Both are magnificent but i had to vote ITNE. I just prefer the dark, somber atmostphere in ITNE over the more progressive and aggressive elements in ATTWAD.

yeah, I really enjoy the aforementioned release, it's a eargasmic reality of black metal culture. My favorite songs from them have always been the ones with the various percussion arrangements.

Anthems.

I love both records, but Anthems (for me) exhibits and possesses the mythic qualities and rampant heathenism that I love in black metal. In the Nightside Eclipse is epic in its own ways, and extremely evil; but in my opinion, it lacks the direction and concept that makes Anthems so majestic. I also love symphonic black metal, so Anthems really epitomizes that for me.

Furthermore, I think Ihsahn's clean vocals are very good. The mix of the two adds a whole new dimension to the record.

This says it well for me. Majestic indeed. Plus Anthems has Emperor's greatest song "With Strength I Burn". That's right, even better than "I Am the Black Wizards".

Then get the fuck out.

Also, I prefer Anthems because it feels much more mystical, majestic, what Einjeher said.

When I first heard both albums (around the time they came out) neither albums was doing much for me. So I pretty much never listened to Emperor again.

But after listening to both albums again recently, I thouroughly enjoyed In the Nightside Eclipse (really, I can't remember why I wasn't listening to it more before)but still couldn't like anything about Anthems.

So In The Nightside Eclipse easily for me.