Anthems vs. Nightside Eclipse

Emperor albums

• Total voters
Tough decision... I've never been technically "floored" by either album, but I will say this; "Anthems" was the album that got me into black metal, for the most part. I heard "Nightside" long before & I hated it. It wasn't until after "Anthems" grew on me that I could appreciate "Nightside".

Tough decision, but my vote has to go with "Nightside" simply because it is the more rewarding album.

Both have their merits. Haven't listened to either in a long while though.
I can totally understand the infatuation with Anthems. Used to listen to it all the time.

Anthems is more layered hence its wider fanbase amongst those people who are not afraid to compromise their trooness.:p
Gay or not is not the distinction here(but Dodens is joking as usual). One's got to admit that all metal is theatrical in a way and thus shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anthems is more layered hence its wider fanbase amongst those people who are not afraid to compromise their trooness.:p
Gay or not is not the distinction here(but Dodens is joking as usual). One's got to admit that all metal is theatrical in a way and thus shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Oh, I know he's joking. I'm only busting his balls.

Haven't listened to Emp a lot, but I remember liking ITNE a lot better off of 2-3 listens compared to Anthems, I should probably go back and spin them both again, and by spin I mean click.

Like the sex you and Omni have?

I'm pretty sure Matthew and I are just friends, but the constant mentioning me by you and other people when he says things you disagree with is cute and nearly as epic as the epicness of your epic drunken rant about the epicly epic lead singer of Kiuas.

By the way, how was the sex after you met him at that epic bar? Pretty epic, I'd imagine.

The stuff that came after Anthems isn't garbage, it's still good music, just not as consistent as the first 2 albums, still there's great songs in IX Equilibirum and Prometheus.

i agree. actually i find Equilibrium 9 to be quite excellent (for the most part). prometheus has some good tracks on it but overrall is just kind of... meh.

I'm pretty sure Matthew and I are just friends, but the constant mentioning me by you and other people when he says things you disagree with is cute and nearly as epic as the epicness of your epic drunken rant about the epicly epic lead singer of Kiuas.

By the way, how was the sex after you met him at that epic bar? Pretty epic, I'd imagine.

Not as epic as tales of Medusa tbh imo iirc afaik.

i have an original copy of 'Wrath Of The Tyrant'cd(Wildrags),in mint condition,how much do you guys reckon this might be worth? I don't mind Emperor,they're ok i guess,but give me Conqueror any day,pure unbridled hatred

ITNE is clearly the superior album, but Anthems is sorta what got me into black metal way back when it came out and I basically grew up listening to that shit so I have a soft spot for it.