ARCH ENEMY

hmmm... i dont about this. I hope they dont wreck the old song....Johan was fucking great on the old records and i honestly think Angela will have to step it up.
Well that is if they're gonna record the songs in B again? C standard just wont cut it for some of the heavier songs....Meh...The more i think about this the more im thinking it's a silly idea. But thats just me...Im not in Arch Enemy so my vote dont count for shit haha kinda just wish they made a new album tbh

This is referencing a really old post up there, but does anyone know why it looks like they used two triggers on each bass drum for Doomsday Machine? (I've never physically triggered anything but snare, do the bass drum trigger units require two units per drum or something?)

It's quite possible that this news has simply eluded me, but I did not see anything about it yet here:

The big news in the ARCH ENEMY camp is that Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Testament, Exodus, etc.) has completed the mixing and mastering of the new ARCH ENEMY record, “The Root Of All Evil”. This special release features a selection of completely re-recorded songs from the first three ARCH ENEMY albums, “Black Earth”, “Stigmata” and “Burning Bridges”, and will be released via Century Media Records on September 28th in Europe and October 6th in North America.

Jind

I'm really curious on the tracklist. I hope that it atleast includes Dark Insanity, Let the Killing Begin, Bridge of Destiny....those just stand out for me...for the rest I really don't mind, cause I like most of the so it's all great!

I still think they should have had Andy remix Tyrants, and then wrote new material lol. But now that it's all mixed and mastered, what amps were used Andy?

The lead tone on this album is just stellar. I can't get enough of it. It's so CLEAR, and CLEAN. I fuckin love it.

I know!! I cannot get enough of it. I remember when I first got the album, popped it in the car, and it was the only metal album that actually sounded good on my shitty sound system at the time. It was so incredibly clean. Best guitar tone, to me at least.

I'm still not sure which guitar tone i like the best... possible a mix between wages and Tyrants...

agreed tyrants should have been at least mixed by andy though...
the drums are nowhere near as in-your-face as they should have been...

and +1 on saying andy set the reference...

ideally i prefer the entire doomsday kit sound but with the snare of wages (wooden and powerful as hell!!)

Maelstrom: How did you record the guitars for Arch Enemy’s Anthems of Rebellion?

Andy Sneap: That was two tracks of Peavey XXX going into a Marshall vintage cab with Celestion 30s in it, wide to 8 ohms. We also did two tracks of Peavey 5150 the same way. There was also probably an Ibanez Tube Screamer (the old green one) in front of the amp as well... not with the gain on, but just to tighten the sound up a little bit.

from http://www.maelstrom.nu/ezine/interview_iss45_208.php

i don't remember seeing that anywhere else in the thread

I never actually got around to listening to Rise of the Tyrant until just now to be honest.
Production easily is really a step down from Doomsday Machine and Anthems.

The guitar solos however are more ripping than anything they've done before that, so passionate and emotional.
I need to get the newest album with the re recordings now.

I really like the newest - "The Root of all Evil". I think that Arch Enemy sounds very energized on this disc which I think comes through in Andy's production. While I also love the original albums these songs were pulled from and I still queue them up fairly frequently on my system, I'm really preferring these newer version. With the energy coming through in these performances and the fact that I'm a self-admitted Angela Gossow fanboi, these new recordings are a very welcome addition to my Arch Enemy collection.

I really like the newest - "The Root of all Evil". I think that Arch Enemy sounds very energized on this disc which I think comes through in Andy's production. While I also love the original albums these songs were pulled from and I still queue them up fairly frequently on my system, I'm really preferring these newer version. With the energy coming through in these performances and the fact that I'm a self-admitted Angela Gossow fanboi, these new recordings are a very welcome addition to my Arch Enemy collection.

To be clear, Andy mixed it, the band produced it IIRC.

I like the new (old) disc and the mix is good, but the guitars are a tad bit muddy. I'm assuming Andy didn't reamp? I'd be interested to know what amps were used on this CD.