Are you Open-Minded?

it doesnt matter to me what the artist/s have done before, its only if its reflected in their music. say if somehow, anal cunt made some good music (impossible yes, but its a theoretical situation), that had lyrics like 'i only became a counsellor to tell rape victims they deserved it' then id have a serious problem with it. if the band is against my beliefs, then fine, but if that somehow gets into the music and lyrics then i cant listen to it.

i consider myself open-minded, but i don't think there is anything wrong if you just don't like to listen to different genres. i personally can't stand country, jazz or most classic rock. that doesn't mean i've never listened to it or that i don't respect them, i just dislike their music.

I think I am open minded, my musical influences change daily, new music all the time is good keeps you fresh...I might list some shit I listen to lately

After finishing this shit, I've come back to say only read ahead if you can be fucked.

Muse, Placebo, The Strokes, Interpol

Tool, NIN, Opeth, Ayreon, Metallica, APC, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, RATM, Primus, Isis

Nile, Necrophagist, Norther, Dark Tranquility, Devin Townsend (solo and SYL etc), Meshuggah, Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Winter Sun, Fuck...I'm Dead, Old Mans Child, At the Gates, Dimmu Borgir, My Dying Bride

Experimental / noise metal

Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Silverchair, Sigur Ros, Smashing Pumpkins, SOAD, The Mars Volta, At the Drive In

Nick Cave, Tori Amos, Johnny Cash, Bright Eyes, The Flaming Lips, Beck, Neil Young

The Alan Parsons Project, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Doobie Brothers

Mike Patton (Faith no More, Mr Bungle, Fantomas, Tomohawk etc), Jeff Buckley,

Massive Attack, Portishead, Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers

I just realise how much I've written and I will blame it on red wine and port.

Kenneth R. said:
you might think it's silly, but i would rather my money (because omgz yes i BUY cds) goes to people who do something good/cool with it.

You didn't answer my very valid question. What do you do if one of your favourite artists suddenly turns out to be a complete racist or a child molester who has 12 little boys buried under his floorboards?

Oh, and I happen to BUY CDs too. 500 or so and counting, and that includes CDs from bands with members who have murdered someone, set fire to churches or killed themselves. I don't see what that has to do with the music. And it's not like buying a CD means "I love you as a person and agree with everything you do and this is my monetary support for your personal agenda". It means "hey you made music that I like".

Yeah, and really if Record Labels are as evil as it seems we should all stop buying CDs full stop. Gotta be some seriously devious stuff going on at Roadrunner HQ... :lol:

JoeVice said:
speaking of sick fucks in bands...didn't some dude in satyricon do some time for having some underage sex, or rape, or something?
I know the guitarist for Static-X was getting in strife for that

CAIRATH said:
You didn't answer my very valid question. What do you do if one of your favourite artists suddenly turns out to be a complete racist or a child molester who has 12 little boys buried under his floorboards?
I did answer your question, no need to flip out. Isn't this obvious? I would probably stop listening to that band. As of yet, your ridiculous fantasy example has not occurred and i highly doubt it ever will. enjoy.

as i have stated initially, which god knows why i should have to defend such a common-sense argument... my money = funding for artists. and artists i want to fund are those i either agree with or enjoy the music of, or in some cases both. i will not support bands whose goals undermine mine. isn't this flipping basic?

do you help your enemies? I don't. kthx :zombie:

Kenneth R. said:
isn't this flipping basic?

It's flipping silly is what it is. And I didn't ask you to defend yourself (nor was I flipping out), I was just curious as to your answer to my question.

Kenneth R. said:
I did answer your question, no need to flip out. Isn't this obvious? I would probably stop listening to that band. As of yet, your ridiculous fantasy example has not occurred and i highly doubt it ever will. enjoy.

as i have stated initially, which god knows why i should have to defend such a common-sense argument... my money = funding for artists. and artists i want to fund are those i either agree with or enjoy the music of, or in some cases both. i will not support bands whose goals undermine mine. isn't this flipping basic?

do you help your enemies? I don't. kthx :zombie:

EVEN IF IT WAS DAN SWANO!!!!!!?!?!