Bands that have sold out?

Holy Shit Mon ! Now this is entertainment !
Actually, truthfully, honestly ? I think you all are saying pretty much the same thing but its like the Tower of Babel, loosing the translation to the intricacies... that damn distraction again

dicks ? cant live without 1

have a great day tomorrow (today)

You're such a self-defeating jackass it's not even funny.

I simply pointed out that you clearly don't get what I'm saying, I know I'm not going to change your mind and I honestly don't care. The thing is, I'm sure you could understand (don't confuse understand and agree...you have a habit of doing that) if you took the blinders off. You're simply too close-minded to get anything that anybody says that doesn't line-up perfectly with your elitist views. Any time you end up in a debate (I'm using the term loosely...because you do anything but debate) it ends up the same way. You spout some bullshit, call everyone else ignorant, tell us how you're such a cool guy because you have better things to do than post on a forum, insult people some more, take a break to think of some really smug things to say about yourself, maybe throw out some more bullshit followed by more insults, then leave thinking you've somehow come out on top. Well, good job Ken. If nothing else, you accomplished the feat of making terminal illness in others seem appealing. Hopefully I brought myself down enough for us to be able to come to terms with this. Nighty night sweetheart.

EDIT: was going to put "@ken" at the beginning of this, but I doubt it's necessary.

You're such a self-defeating jackass it's not even funny.

I simply pointed out that you clearly don't get what I'm saying, I know I'm not going to change your mind and I honestly don't care. The thing is, I'm sure you could understand (don't confuse understand and agree...you have a habit of doing that) if you took the blinders off. You're simply too close-minded to get anything that anybody says that doesn't line-up perfectly with your elitist views. Any time you end up in a debate (I'm using the term loosely...because you do anything but debate) it ends up the same way. You spout some bullshit, call everyone else ignorant, tell us how you're such a cool guy because you have better things to do than post on a forum, insult people some more, take a break to think of some really smug things to say about yourself, maybe throw out some more bullshit followed by more insults, then leave thinking you've somehow come out on top. Well, good job Ken. If nothing else, you accomplished the feat of making terminal illness in others seem appealing. Hopefully I brought myself down enough for us to be able to come to terms with this. Nighty night sweetheart.

EDIT: was going to put "@ken" at the beginning of this, but I doubt it's necessary.
Talk to me on aim. It'll be fun.

On the subject of rap. I don't think it is totally talentless and understand that it is not all about "bitches and hoes". Even so, I do think the talent required is very minimal. I also hate the feeling of self absorbedness that most rappers seem to illuminate. I remember recently seeing some random music video of some white rapper guy on television. I remember the bulk of the song was the main line that had something to do with slapping you in the face. It was something along the lines of "SLAP that SUCKA" or something like it. I remember all I wanted to do at that point was shoot the guy in the face for being so damn arrogant and self absorbed. Another example is the infamous Eminem. He mocks people in his lyrics and when people get mad at him for making fun of them he is all like "yo its jus fo fun yo, no biggie". I understand that it may be just for fun, but it ends up being a big pile of hypocrisy when people poke fun at him and he takes it all personally and seriously.

My biggest argument against rap is that I don't even consider it music. I really don't think I am being ignorant or close minded as I have really tried to see what in rap could be considered music. It seems the only musical quality that rap has is a beat, but the beat is really all there is. Rap relies so heavily on only beat that it really sounds too artificial. The beats they use are so different from drums as well and it sounds so....lifeless really. When it comes to rap, it is like the very nature of being human is unattached. I don't feel like going too deep into philosophy at the moment but I think that described it somewhat okay.

Damn! I can't make a sandwich if I am out of bread! :/

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there have been a few times when I have seen a rap song on tv that was recorded at a live concert with an actual backup band. I remember how much better it sounded with real guitars, basses, and drums being played by human beings rather than the music just being some artificial beat in the background.

On the subject of rap. I don't think it is totally talentless and understand that it is not all about "bitches and hoes". Even so, I do think the talent required is very minimal. I also hate the feeling of self absorbedness that most rappers seem to illuminate. I remember recently seeing some random music video of some white rapper guy on television. I remember the bulk of the song was the main line that had something to do with slapping you in the face. It was something along the lines of "SLAP that SUCKA" or something like it. I remember all I wanted to do at that point was shoot the guy in the face for being so damn arrogant and self absorbed. Another example is the infamous Eminem. He mocks people in his lyrics and when people get mad at him for making fun of them he is all like "yo its jus fo fun yo, no biggie". I understand that it may be just for fun, but it ends up being a big pile of hypocrisy when people poke fun at him and he takes it all personally and seriously.

My biggest argument against rap is that I don't even consider it music. I really don't think I am being ignorant or close minded as I have really tried to see what in rap could be considered music. It seems the only musical quality that rap has is a beat, but the beat is really all there is. Rap relies so heavily on only beat that it really sounds too artificial. The beats they use are so different from drums as well and it sounds so....lifeless really. When it comes to rap, it is like the very nature of being human is unattached. I don't feel like going too deep into philosophy at the moment but I think that described it somewhat okay.

Damn! I can't make a sandwich if I am out of bread! :/

Well spoken!!

Talk to me on aim. It'll be fun.

You're the typical internet bully...some kid who feels empowered here when they have no control in their real life. You spout your rhetoric behind the mask of anonimity, and simply foul each thread you enter. You would debate the color of dog shit.

For someone who touts the virtues of artistic integrity, you certainly don't allow for others creative thoughts or opinions.

The thread is "bands that have sold out?", not the "Kenneth's opinion is the only one that matters, oh look at me and how super intellegent I am" thread.

I'll agree with you on everything when you reach 14,000 posts, ok...you're close...we'll have a superior intellect party for you.:worship:

Why not create your own message board, post your own threads and debate back and forth with yourself...you're far too intelligent for anyone else and you're always right anyway.

Oh my God, they killed Kenny!...you bastards!

You're the typical internet bully...some kid who feels empowered here when they have no control in their real life. You spout your rhetoric behind the mask of anonimity, and simply foul each thread you enter.

For someone who touts the virtues of artistic integrity, you certainly don't allow for others creative thoughts or opinions.

The thread is "bands that have sold out?", not the "Kenneth's opinion is the only one that matters, oh look at me and how super intellegent I am" thread.

I'll agree with you on everything when you reach 14,000 posts, ok...we'll have a superior intellect party.:worship:

:lol:

You're the typical internet bully...some kid who feels empowered here when they have no control in their real life. You spout your rhetoric behind the mask of anonimity, and simply foul each thread you enter. You would debate the color of dog shit.

I'll agree with you on everything when you reach 14,000 posts, ok...you're close...we'll have a superior intellect party for you.:worship:

Why not create your own message board, post your own threads and debate back and forth with yourself...you're far too intelligent for anyone else and you're always right anyway.

Oh my God, they killed Kenny!...you bastards!
Again, all of this reads as if you're out of anything constructive to bring to the table, so you resort to this nonsense in an attempt to get me to backlash. Very 4th grade. Sorry to disappoint.

SXJ: So what constitutes music to you? The origins of tribal music are exactly the kind of elements rap possesses: A simple beat and a voice, or many voices, which may or may not "sing" in a key. It's very ancient.