Beer Thread?

Oh, so that's how much my beer costs me. Duly noted.

Actually, I discovered a rather nice beer recently. Kirin, a Japanese brew. Apparently it's an acquired taste, though, as no one I know so far can stand it. :/

Talking to Ben (NeO) about beer it was funny to hear that some of the beers we think of as upmarket due to being imported from Europe or wherever and hence being a bit more expensive are the standard equivalents to VB's or Carlton Draughts in those countries. I guess it makes sense, but is funny to think that Corona's, Heineken's etc. are considered on par with what we think of VB... :p

I still love Corona's though.

Kronenborg 1664 is good also. :)

Didn't like Kronenburg to be honest. Did like Amstel, and i'd imagine thats the equivalent of VB! And Beck's can be added to that list, although i enjoy that one!

But, if this isn't the best combo ever!

Coopers%20Pale%20Ale.jpg
nobbys%20peanuts.jpg

Internationally it would be Grolsch, Peroni and most German/Belgium beers, but locally it would have to be Boags Premium from Tassie. I also developed a taste for ales, like London Pride and Youngs. But I left that behind when I turned my back on England.

Usually Corona/PB/Peroni when consuming in excess, as they're totally inoffensive (and free at the studio I work at :p).

On those nights where I give a toss, generally I'll grab some Chimay or Leffe blonde.

Guinness! Although anywhere out of Britain it tastes of shit.

I would actually say that the best Guiness is in Dublin, which is not in Britain at all. I did the tour of the Guiness brewery and it was brilliant. It tastes so much better in Ireland/UK than it does here, but it's still good here (in Aus). I don't mind the odd pint of it. Fills ye up though somewhat.

Talking to Ben (NeO) about beer it was funny to hear that some of the beers we think of as upmarket due to being imported from Europe or wherever and hence being a bit more expensive are the standard equivalents to VB's or Carlton Draughts in those countries. a :)

Yeah, it's true. Kronenbourg (1664), Carlsberg and Heineken are all dodgy beers in the UK (pretty much). Ask for a pint of 'Beater' (wife beater) and you'll get Kronenbourg... It's really cheap in supermarkets. I was having a field day. Fancy beer for cheap and everyone else thought it sucked :kickass:

Yeah, it's true. Kronenbourg (1664), Carlsberg and Heineken are all dodgy beers in the UK (pretty much). Ask for a pint of 'Beater' (wife beater) and you'll get Kronenbourg... It's really cheap in supermarkets. I was having a field day. Fancy beer for cheap and everyone else thought it sucked :kickass:

I Thought the beater was Stella, thats what they call it in England anyway.

Yeah, you're right. I completely fucked that up. It's definitely Stella. Krononbourg is a cheap supermarket beer but it's not 'beater', that's Stella. Thanks for picking that up Mark B.

I used to get 8 440ml cans for 5 pounds 50 at Sainsbury's. *cries*

I had some really good beer the other day.
I think it was called 'Essence of Cuba' or just 'Cuba', but it's made in Australia.
Had a really nice crisp, dry flavour.

Yeah, you're right. I completely fucked that up. It's definitely Stella. Krononbourg is a cheap supermarket beer but it's not 'beater', that's Stella. Thanks for picking that up Mark B.

I used to get 8 440ml cans for 5 pounds 50 at Sainsbury's. *cries*

Geez eh, I relly miss the old Asda, Sainsbury beers, so damn CHEAP!!:cry:

Spending a little time in Germany/Sweden, these came out on top

- Delirium Tremens "Noel"
- LaTrappe (any)

The Delirium Cafe must be the best damn bar in the world, highly recommended...

The 'daily drinker' award though goes to Oechsner Hell which we found in Frankfurt, totally supreme, and Paulander Dark, which was at most supermarkets.