Best of 2010 thus far...

I have been slow to get new music lately, but I have listened to a couple albums extensively. I have listened to each one at least 10 times a piece.
1. Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
2. Burzum - Belus
3. Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

Albums I have listened to a couple of times and was impressed.
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance
Hour of 13 - The Ritualist
Hooded Menace - Never Cross the Dead
Kerasphorus - Cloven Hooves at the Holocaust Dawn

Blacklodge - T/ME

Waiting for the new releases from Aborym,ADC,HELEL,Amok,Diapsiquir,and Pavillon Rouge.

I'm going with this mother of a beast!

KeepOfKalessinCover.jpg

And the new DT is quite good. Not as great as Fiction, but grows on you after a few listens.

I loved Fiction, but I haven't checked out the new one yet. I remember hearing some negative things about it when it was first released.

Imperium Dekadenz - Procella Vadens

Definitely agrere.

I also definitely agree on Belus, and apparently I really need to listen to Ares Kingdom. Dak, V5 and now Zeph; I must say, I have some pretty high expectations for this record.

I'll throw out (for me anyway):

Kiuas- Lustdriven
Nydvind- Sworn to the Elders
Orden Ogan- Easton Hope

Well this thread should help me a bit. I'll probably be checking out Vasaeleth and Briton Rites next.

Listened to Belus and Incendiary again today; all I can say is I'll have to persist with both. The first 5 tracks of Belus were a lot more interesting than they were the last time I tried the album, but I still lost focus towards the end. And Incendiary is definitely somewhere between good and great after 4 or 5 listens but I just can't see it as the very best of the year; I prefer albums like Phoenix Rising and Tara for my modern black/death/thrash/whatever needs.

I'll need to do Triptykon a few more times too, but after the first 2 or 3 listens it seemed a little stale in comparison to Monotheist

I need to give it more listens, but so far I like Incendiary quite a bit. My problem with it is the production. It has no bottom end. It would sound so much better if it had more punch to it. The guitars sound pretty good though. Just the bass & drums that I thought seemed very weak in the mix. Obviously they are a guitar driven band, but I still wish it had more meat to it.

No shit, but its actually one of the better releases so far in 2010. Would easily been in my top 10 so far.

"We Are The Void" is damn hard for me to like. Every time im listening to it I try to enjoy it, but its just the same thing all over again.

But my favorites of 2010 so far: (Ratings 3.5 or more out of 5)

Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Agrypnie - 16[485]
In Mourning - Monolith
Troll - Neo-Satanic Supremacy
Istapp - Blekinge
Finntroll - Nifelvind
Chimp Spanner - At the Dream's Edge
1349 - Demonoir
Keep of Kalessin - Reptilian
As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise
Fear Factory - Mechanize
Reckless Love - Reckless Love