Black Metal.

Anyone know if the Le Secret and Ruines Humaines digipaks sell for anything on ebay?

The Alcest is limited to 1000 and the Amesoeurs is limited to 333. I don't really want them and money is cool!

Well, i finally checked out Code's new album, i really must say that Kvost's vocals are the highlight of this album. He really has a magnificent voice.

I think everybody needs to reform their top 10 list, since the new Nokturnal Mortum has be released, and what i am hearing from the youtube videos, it is fuckin awesome.

What do Code sound like? For some reason I always assumed they were some sort of electronic black metal similar to latter-day Dodheimsgard and Abigor and therefore really tacky.

Ever buy a really cool album and for some reason it gets shelved and forgotten about without it getting a fair chance? It seems I did that with Eld by Enslaved. I picked this up used sometime toward the beginning of '09 and listened to it maybe once. I am playing it right now and it is really rather great. I now regret not paying more attention to this. That is what happens when you buy a ton of albums at once though.

That was one of the first metal albums I ever bought! It's a good album, but I can't really get into it anymore the way I used to....I suppose I got burned out on it since my metal collection was so small back then. It was definitely one of the first ten metal albums I bought. Memories...

(this is going way way back to 2001 folks!)

It is just finishing up now and while I really enjoyed it, it really doesn't seem like something I will put in a whole lot. It is just not that sort of album.

Ever buy a really cool album and for some reason it gets shelved and forgotten about without it getting a fair chance? It seems I did that with Eld by Enslaved. I picked this up used sometime toward the beginning of '09 and listened to it maybe once. I am playing it right now and it is really rather great. I now regret not paying more attention to this. That is what happens when you buy a ton of albums at once though.

I still don't understand why Blodhemn is routinely ignored since it's one of my favorite BM albums.

Has anyone heard the Cor Scorpii album Monument? It's the project of some previous members of Windir, and they're pretty awesome.

Hmm not really much black metal about Cor Scorpii, I'd say :) I would say it's Windir without the occasional raw black metal sound.

It's a good album nevertheless. Nothing more than that. There are some standout tracks like Helvetesfossen and especially Oske og Innsikt but there are also some very bland songs on this album.

I still don't understand why Blodhemn is routinely ignored since it's one of my favorite BM albums.

I second that. Blodhemn and Below the Lights are by far the best Enslaved albums.

What do Code sound like? For some reason I always assumed they were some sort of electronic black metal similar to latter-day Dodheimsgard and Abigor and therefore really tacky.

Hmm, it sure is avantgarde like the two bands you mention but it's combined withe some very cathcy parts as well. The sound is not rural oldschool - it's more like mid-era Satyricon, Thorns or Aborym. The new album is very dissimilar to the old one, yet very Code-esque. The vocals are crazy (kind of King Diamond-like at times...). You could try this for a starter:

Last edited by a moderator: