Black Metal.

^ Personally I find their later material, especially the latest album, far too death-metal orientated, even though it's really good.

The first album is excellent though.

I only own their latest Emissaries and I've heard scraps of Sphinx. But from what I've heard I think it's a band Krig would like.

I'll post his exact posts. Well, there are two people but they are essentially the same in terms of thinking.
I stared a thread on the Primordial forum quite some time ago, regarding what genre Primordial fans are primarily into. This is the response some Irish guy gave:

"the ans to the origonal question,life_sucks,is 'what the hell kind do you think?'

Primordial are pure BM.....always were.....and vocal style is not restricted in BM.
Wilderness is BM,but it's also just GREAT rock and roll,and these always have been the finest Irish rock group of ANY genre."

It says the exact opposite of what the jerk you are talking about said.

Celtic Black Metal seems like the best moniker for Primordial. It emphasizes that black metal is the base of their sound while they still have a very strong folky/celtic vibe to them.

Also, I saw that argument over on GameFAQs' Metal board. I don't get how BuggedBass could call them Doom? Their is next to no doom in their sound. Ah, well, it is gameFAQs afterall.

Yeah Will of the Ancients is a decent melodic death/black band from what I have heard of them. I should see them play live too since their close to where I live.

Celtic Black Metal seems like the best moniker for Primordial. It emphasizes that black metal is the base of their sound while they still have a very strong folky/celtic vibe to them.

Also, I saw that argument over on GameFAQs' Metal board. I don't get how BuggedBass could call them Doom? Their is next to no doom in their sound. Ah, well, it is gameFAQs afterall.

Hmm, I don't know if I'd call Primordial black metal. Certainly very black metal inspired. Then again I've only heard a couple of their albums (The Gathering Wilderness and Spirit the Earth Aflame). Loved them both though. Any of their other albums worth picking up?