Black Metal.

Spirit The Earth Aflame is EASILY the best Primordial album, every song on it is amazing and so visceral. It has this "epic" feel without being overrun by keyboards. Well just listen to it for yourself :p

I can't believe that I didn't buy Summoning's "Minas Morgul" when it was right in front of me and only $11.99. Now I'll probably never see it again and regret that decision until my death. Same with "Lugburz". :cry:

I'm really glad Darkthrone is a great band, otherwise I'd be especially angry for choosing to buy their albums instead. :heh:

Summoning's albums are wicked cheap at the store I shop at. Except for Oath Bound which is more expensive, and thus I don't own it yet.

You should. I was too impatient for my store to get it in around here, so I bought it online for a bit more than I'd planned, and by the time it fucking came in the mail, my store already had it, and cheaper.

The real songs are great. But I don't understand the point of Dark Song, and especially Solitary Mourner. But on the other hand, that CD has some of Primordial's best songs (Journey's End, Bitter Harvest, Graven Idol). I'd rate the CD even higher if it weren't for the filler.

The Dark Song is actually one of my favorite Primordial songs. It's an ancient Irish poem written by Amergin...the translations differ slightly, but the jist of it is there. call it the ballad of the cd

The Dark Song is actually one of my favorite Primordial songs. It's an ancient Irish poem written by Amergin...the translations differ slightly, but the jist of it is there. call it the ballad of the cd
Yeah, I knew it was based on an Irish tale of some sorts. I don't dislike the song, it just doesn't really fit. It's pure folk music. Solitary Mourner, on the other hand, is a track I sometimes skip.