Black Metal.

listening to Whirling's Faceless Phenomena, and here we have our latest attempt at a Ved Buens Ende/Virus clone. that being said, still pretty decent stuff

I'm going to give Master's Hammer's Ritual a few listens. Hopefully it clicks

It should. And then try Maniac Butcher - Černá Krev. I myself think Stíny Plamenů is overrated, but I'll have to check all their material better than I did so far. Czech Trist though is one of my favourite interprets in music ever, listening to his latest EP Za Hranicí Skutečnosti is like a meditation tbh, such a relaxing atmosphere. If you put it on out loud and make yourself comfortable than it sends shivers down your spine, I've described the sound somewhere as a sonic hope in a sea of depression. Check it out!

EDIT: It's fun that it's his most positive material so far and it's called Beyond the borders of reality.

I love Trist so much. Probably my favorite black metal artist although most of his stuff is black metal more in aesthetics/scene affiliation than in the actual music. A must listen to band if you like depressive or atmospheric music.

It should. And then try Maniac Butcher - Černá Krev. I myself think Stíny Plamenů is overrated, but I'll have to check all their material better than I did so far. Czech Trist though is one of my favourite interprets in music ever, listening to his latest EP Za Hranicí Skutečnosti is like a meditation tbh, such a relaxing atmosphere. If you put it on out loud and make yourself comfortable than it sends shivers down your spine, I've described the sound somewhere as a sonic hope in a sea of depression. Check it out!

EDIT: It's fun that it's his most positive material so far and it's called Beyond the borders of reality.

Cool thanks man. I was listening to Master's Hammer last night and I quite enjoyed it, but I think I'll have to listen to it alot more. I'll definitely check Maniac Butcher, Trist out as well.

Two tracks from Glorior Belli's fourth full length, 'The Full Intrepid Experience Of Light' on their myspace. They certainly have left the majority of their black metal elements to prior releases. Not sure how I feel about the new sound.

Two tracks from Glorior Belli's fourth full length, 'The Full Intrepid Experience Of Light' on their myspace. They certainly have left the majority of their black metal elements to prior releases. Not sure how I feel about the new sound.

Pretty much sums up how I feel, though I think its cool that they're exploring other sides of music for themselves, and not for fans/bm scene.

Altoriu Seseliai - Margi Sakalai is such a cool album. Really worth checking out. Really mellow, folky stuff, with some Graveland-style rhythmic influences and plenty of soothing atmosphere. I like when bands kind of strip all the aggression out of black metal and make use of the aesthetics and melodic tendencies outside of that.

I like the new Xasthur album way more than the last two. One thing he does that I found really neat was layering two drum tracks, one with blastbeats at a low volume, and one with more of a rock beat at a more tytpical volume. It adds depth to the music and reduces some of the deficiencies in the drumming. And he finally got a crash cymbal! The additional vocal work replaces the old keyboard patches well, and the album is a nice mix of old and new. I think it's a fitting end, and anyone who's mostly been a fan should check it out, even if the past two albums were discouraging.

Altoriu Seseliai - Margi Sakalai is such a cool album. Really worth checking out. Really mellow, folky stuff, with some Graveland-style rhythmic influences and plenty of soothing atmosphere. I like when bands kind of strip all the aggression out of black metal and make use of the aesthetics and melodic tendencies outside of that.

I have had that one for a while & really enjoyed it. Very good description of it.

Anyone here like Vordven?

Bueller? Bueller?

Definitely prefer "Toward the Frozen Stream" of their few releases. It's pretty lo-fi with lots of emphasis on atmospheric keyboards, and some clear (and yes, female) singing. BM vocals are mixed fairly low and reptilian in nature. Not abrasive, particularly dark or aggressive at all; I'd say the overall feeling is "wintry forest with lots of stars."

I think they split up after "History" in 2003 so good luck finding anything by them. They were the second black metal band I ever heard.

I'll be checking this out. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

I like alot of this depressive/post-punk/shoegaze/ambient black metal but there's not alot of really dangerous,true black metal out these days,unless i'm mistaken.I don't think alot of this stuff belongs under the banner of true black metal now anyway.There needs to be a new genre name to protect those ancient cults and to seperate bm from this more ambient/spiritual stuff,it's more a personal nihilist approach as opposed to Satanism,which is the foundation of black metal.