Black Metal.

I presume he's talking about the Italian one. The vocals do grate a little, but I quite enjoy the band as a whole, even with those crappy parts that sound like they're using the trumpet function on a cheap keyboard... you know the bits I'm talking about.

Confuses me that a lot of people have a problem with (for example) vocals like those of Varg Vikernes. I think they're amazingly expressive and totally captivating!

I really enjoy Diabolical Masquerade. Blakkheim seems to have a wide variety of oldschool black metal influence just with a modern twist on it. If you have not heard DB they are just a two person black metal project, dan swano being the other band member.

Favorite albums would be Nightwork and The Phantom Lodge. 'Nightwork' reminds me of king diamond musically with raspy vocals and the intensity of newer generation black metal.

I really enjoy Diabolical Masquerade. Blakkheim seems to have a wide variety of oldschool black metal influence just with a modern twist on it. If you have not heard DB they are just a two person black metal project, dan swano being the other band member.

Favorite albums would be Nightwork and The Phantom Lodge. 'Nightwork' reminds me of king diamond musically with raspy vocals and the intensity of newer generation black metal.
and by newer generation black metal, I assume, you mean stuff like Now, Diabolical, right?:p

I prefer Death's Design to the other albums.

Personally I prefer in that in comparison to the other styles of metal, Black Metal is still reasonably underground. I like it this way - it stops Black Metal as a whole from becoming completely whored like other metal styles have.

Yes, it sounds wanky, but, it keeps things real. Fuck popularity for Black Metal, I want it kept the way it is - confined to those of us who understand it. The rest of the dumbasses preoccupied with their popular bands can fuck off.
If people begin to like black metal for what it is and not some trend like kids who 10 years from now will probably laugh at their old music tastes then black metal is secure. As long as people love it for the music and not to be popular, trendy, or grim then black metal will prevail.

eeeeeeee... well men, yeah i still whit the same opinion about it is just a freaking noise do you understand, this music really sucks! for me the best Genre of metal is THRASH metal and Heavy metal thats all...

Good. Now get the fuck out of this thread.

Confuses me that a lot of people have a problem with (for example) vocals like those of Varg Vikernes. I think they're amazingly expressive and totally captivating!

Bingo. I love Varg's vocals. They suit the ideology perfectly.

Then your answer would be Grutle Kjellson, since Lord Byron doesn't sing in a Black Metal band.

I gotta admit there are some real nerds on this board

reading through page 86 and 87 made me LOL "Same here. I like my music to be uncommercialized. It lets me know that I'm not a fucking drone. Also that that band I'm listening to isn't full of sellouts. Sure, I'll listen to some mainstream stuff, but I'd rather go searching. Plenty of underground bands have way more talent than big bands."

can you spell N-E-R-D?