Black Metal.

I gotta admit there are some real nerds on this board

reading through page 86 and 87 made me LOL "Same here. I like my music to be uncommercialized. It lets me know that I'm not a fucking drone. Also that that band I'm listening to isn't full of sellouts. Sure, I'll listen to some mainstream stuff, but I'd rather go searching. Plenty of underground bands have way more talent than big bands."

can you spell N-E-R-D?

I am pretty nerdy, but I don't really care if the bands I listen to are prolific in the mainstream scene or not as long as they play music that appeals to me. I can happily balance a diet of post-hardcore and underground metal and not worry about losing the respect of my peers. :)

I like Satyr and Ihsahn's vocals the best in black metal. Danni Filth has good vocals too despite Cradle being gothic metal now and black early on. Yes I said Danni Filth and I don't care if he does sound like a girl, he sounds good but he has a love it or hate it vocal style.

reading through page 86 and 87 made me LOL "Same here. I like my music to be uncommercialized. It lets me know that I'm not a fucking drone. Also that that band I'm listening to isn't full of sellouts. Sure, I'll listen to some mainstream stuff, but I'd rather go searching. Plenty of underground bands have way more talent than big bands."

can you spell N-E-R-D?

I'm a nerd and fucking proud. And let's face it - Black Metal is by music nerds FOR music nerds. :kickass:

Then your answer would be Grutle Kjellson, since Lord Byron doesn't sing in a Black Metal band.

Grutle fucking kicks ass bigtime :kickass:

can you spell N-E-R-D?

It's bad to like to find stuff that you know is made by people who want to make that music?

no it's bad to think that you are better than all the other "drones" out there who don't like dat dere cvlt black metal

do you not see how ridiculous, immature, and well pretty fucking nerdy that is?? people who think they are special in someway or more intelligent than the general public because they listen to obscure metal are fucking idiots (no offense)

I don't mean to flame you at all, I'm just irritated by the mindset of some delusional metalheads who think we are still in high school

no it's bad to think that you are better than all the other "drones" out there who don't like dat dere cvlt black metal

do you not see how ridiculous, immature, and well pretty fucking nerdy that is?? people who think they are special in someway or more intelligent than the general public because they listen to obscure metal are fucking idiots (no offense)

I don't mean to flame you at all, I'm just irritated by the mindset of some delusional metalheads who think we are still in high school

I'll agree that seeing ones self as superior because of a music choice is ridiculous. But nerdy? who gives a shit?

You say people here think they are still in high school, yet you sound like you're the one about to pants someone. I'm quite positive that the majority of people here understand they are nerdy, black metal is one hell of a nerdy genre. Like me however they are probably proud of the fact that they could give a dissertation on the influences of second wave black metal. No one really cares that you think it's nerdy. Grow up.

and by newer generation black metal, I assume, you mean stuff like Now, Diabolical, right?:p

I guess I mean the 90's forward. If you look at bands like immortal,satyricon,darkthrone,mayhem,emperor they are still a lot different than venom,celtic frost,bathory,mercyful fate despite the obvious influences.

Has anyone here heard Sauron (hol) newest album the channeling void? Some really good black metal with a very good (by good not glossy, but fitting of black metal) and just a very good release overall.

I'll confess that I don't mind Dani's vocals on the VERY early stuff. He was always pretty high-pitched for BM, but eventually he got too unbearable for me... well so did the music, of course.

True... I really like the early albums but the new stuff is pretty... :erk: :ill:

hahaha what is this guy talking about?? what an asshole

I was being facetious dude. Just taking the piss, mate.

And I'm a nerd and proud of it, to elbow my way into that discussion. I read comic books, I watch anime, I listen to metal, and I play video games extensively. I also love to read fantasy and sci fi books. I'm like the stereotypical definition of a nerd.