Black Metal.

So these Negative Plane bros are pretty cool I guess. I haven't really bothered listening to any of the next hype BM bands for a good 4-5 years but I think Cythraul said they were good and I generally respect his opinion so I checked them out. On the other hand back in the day Cythraul also said maudlin of the Well were good so there's that. But this is pretty cool I guess. Given I think pretty much everything from the past 10 years that's gotten praise other than like DSO's SMRC and some of those black metal/postpunk bands (which is really a whole other thing anyway) is either derivative, boring or dumb this is pretty notable. What's weird is in terms of composition it's pretty all over the place which was really a no-no for me back when I actually listened to metal but maybe years of listening to boom-tisk music has rotted my brain or something.

So, I feel I need to atone for bashing the subgenre, I have been enjoying Archgoat and Proclamation, anyone else want to suggest some more bestial acts?

Other than:
Archgoat
Blasphemy
Black Witchery
Diocletian
Embrace of Thorns
Morbosidad
Proclamation
Sadomator

Bestial Warlust
Sadistik Exekution
Revenge
Sacramentary Abolishment
Rites Of Thy Degringolade
Abominator
Axis Of Advance
Cremation
Damaar
Conqueror
Goatpenis
Bestial Mockery
Manticore
Blasphemophagher
Teitanblood

So these Negative Plane bros are pretty cool I guess. I haven't really bothered listening to any of the next hype BM bands for a good 4-5 years but I think Cythraul said they were good and I generally respect his opinion so I checked them out. On the other hand back in the day Cythraul also said maudlin of the Well were good so there's that. But this is pretty cool I guess. Given I think pretty much everything from the past 10 years that's gotten praise other than like DSO's SMRC and some of those black metal/postpunk bands (which is really a whole other thing anyway) is either derivative, boring or dumb this is pretty notable. What's weird is in terms of composition it's pretty all over the place which was really a no-no for me back when I actually listened to metal but maybe years of listening to boom-tisk music has rotted my brain or something.

They have a new album coming out soon. There's a sample online somewhere.

Bestial Warlust
Sadistik Exekution
Revenge
Sacramentary Abolishment
Rites Of Thy Degringolade
Abominator
Axis Of Advance
Cremation
Damaar
Conqueror
Goatpenis
Bestial Mockery
Manticore
Blasphemophagher
Teitanblood

Thank you sir. I considered just pm'ing you instead of posting here. :kickass:

Ekpyrosis?

I want to listen to this again. I love all the Zeitgeister bands, but for some reason this one hasn't sat well with me.

Now, onto more important things: DORDEDUH. The EP is out, who's checked it out? Fucking brilliant imo. I think many people always knew that Negura Bunget were going to suck without Huppogrammos and Sol Faur in the line-up, and this debut Dordeduh release confirms it. This is the REAL Negura Bunget. :kickass:

Since I am trying to rebuild my black metal collection after it was wiped...

Anyone willing to offer up things similar to darkthrone/satanic warmaster second wave sound and any decent norsecore stuff would also be greatly appreciated.

Also, any black metal that muddles together into a wall of sound kind of like shoegaze does. (not asking for shoegaze/bm hybrids)

Annnnd... riff based bm.