Black Metal.

Try Slowdive or Ride, I think they're better than My Bloody Valentine

I listened to Lantlos for the first time yesterday. Pretty good, but I still haven't heard any of shoegaze/black metal that approaches Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde.

You need to listen to Dopamine.

Also, I'm a fan of Alcest. Who thought no one liked them here? Iirc challenge_everything and unknown are fans too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rediscovering black metal......I've been out of it for the past few years but am really recognizing it for its greatness now.

I've read alot of great things about a defunct band named WINDIR. The samples I've heard on Youtube are all stellar.

Is this band as great as the reviews claim?

I'm rediscovering black metal......I've been out of it for the past few years but am really recognizing it for its greatness now.

I've read alot of great things about a defunct band named WINDIR. The samples I've heard on Youtube are all stellar.

Is this band as great as the reviews claim?

In short, yes.

To flesh that out a bit: they're essentially part of the subgenre of folk-influenced black metal, their guitar parts are utterly fucking awesome, their melodies are sick, and the vocals (both harsh and clean) are amazing. I'd suggest you check out Arntor and 1184.

Can't wait for Primordial's new album.

This is going to be epic.

I do enjoy Alcest...excited about new primordial...thought the new A Forest of Stars didn't live up to the debut, but I need to listen to it more