Black Metal.

Eld is very good. There are some tendencies in the album to stray away from the traditional black metal/viking sound, but every song is pure quality on that album.

I haven't explored any post-1994 Enslaved much at all; but Vikingligr Veldi is easily one of metal's finest hours that blows me away with something new every time I listen to it.

Has anyone listened to the latest Sig:Ar:Tyr album? I know it'll be of interest to Einherjar, Eligos and Unknown for sure, the album is great! Some 'Forgotten Legends' era Drudkh influence in there as well as trad. metal and lots of awesome acoustic interludes. He mixes all the influences so well, phenomenal album. The end of 2010 is shaping up to make the year great.

I will check it out as soon as I tackle all these Profound Lore Bands on my list. I hadn't heard Saros until yesterday.

Has anyone listened to the latest Sig:Ar:Tyr album? I know it'll be of interest to Einherjar, Eligos and Unknown for sure, the album is great! Some 'Forgotten Legends' era Drudkh influence in there as well as trad. metal and lots of awesome acoustic interludes. He mixes all the influences so well, phenomenal album. The end of 2010 is shaping up to make the year great.

Already checked it out. :cool: Thanks for the tip though; and yes, it's a phenomenal release!

I've never really liked the Enslaved I've heard. How's their earlier stuff?

Amazing.

Eld is my favourite early Enslaved record.

Mine as well. "793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne)" is such a fucking incredible song. Up there with epics like "One Road to Asa Bay" and "Det Som En Gang Var" for me.