Black Metal.

i only know the early albums... which i thought were all very good especially Frost.
want to check out their other stuff.

Nice, just bear in mind they've changed their sound a lot with time. You'll find a lot of progressive stuff mixed in, actually each new album gets a little more progressive. It's great just the same imo. :kickass:

Not that it has a whole lot to do with black metal, but Caina - Temporary Antennae is a Profound Lore release that totally rules. I don't know why no one mentions this album here. There are plenty of fans of more creatively adventurous metal albums, and I think this is one of the best ones. It's obviously never being different for the sake of being different. If you dwell on the drum machine and the production, I suppose flaws can be found there, but it's too ambitious for me not to like.

Not that it has a whole lot to do with black metal, but Caina - Temporary Antennae is a Profound Lore release that totally rules. I don't know why no one mentions this album here. There are plenty of fans of more creatively adventurous metal albums, and I think this is one of the best ones. It's obviously never being different for the sake of being different. If you dwell on the drum machine and the production, I suppose flaws can be found there, but it's too ambitious for me not to like.

I've known about him for the longest time but never paid much heed; however, listening to 'Ten Went Up River', are all the songs as good as this one? The beginning was meh but then it hit like a 90,000 pound semi.

I've known about him for the longest time but never paid much heed; however, listening to 'Ten Went Up River', are all the songs as good as this one? The beginning was meh but then it hit like a 90,000 pound semi.

Holy shit, this song is killer.

EDIT: and holy fucking shit again; not black metal but I feel it's appropriate. This was just announced on Profound Lore's website:

http://www.profoundlorerecords.com/index.php?option=com_ezcatalog&task=detail&id=645&Itemid=99999999

And here's a sampling:

Last edited by a moderator: