Black Metal.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far, sounds more ambient and less of the crazy leads the first two had, still great though.

Definitely will take a few times through to get into it. Nothing to suggest this album won't be really good. I did miss the catchy lead parts though. Much more rhythmic focus on the last album and this new song than the first disc.

Schwärzung;9606618 said:
Sorry to break up the deep Burzum discussion, but what are people's opinions of Striborg? I recently decided to dig deeper into aussie BM and this guy is (arguably) one of the most known. I picked up Southwest Passage for dirt cheap the other day and quite enjoyed it; the majority of his stuff though seems too rushed and uninspired, not to mention progressively boring. Thoughts?

I was about to have a little look at Striborg, but his discography on MA looks scary; like 2/3 albums + 2/3 split and EPs a year! Any idea what to avoid and what to try?

No one over the age of 15 honestly thinks your opinion is defensible, so the lulz are on you.

funny that the best black metal musician in the world(Varg) agrees with my opinion and even has said that the hardcore bands like Mayhem werent actually satanic. They were just posers trying to get attention.

I was about to have a little look at Striborg, but his discography on MA looks scary; like 2/3 albums + 2/3 split and EPs a year! Any idea what to avoid and what to try?

I'd recommend starting with Ghostwoodlands as it's probably the easiest to get into. Try and avoid the early works as they're generally boring and pretentious.

funny that the best black metal musician in the world(Varg) agrees with my opinion and even has said that the hardcore bands like Mayhem werent actually satanic. They were just posers trying to get attention.

As opposed to Varg? The man periodically claims to uphold some kind of radical belief. Also, "best black metal musician" is subjective and there isn't much Varg says that anyone with half a brain takes seriously anyway.

Honestly I don't take any of the musicians in black metal seriously, most of them are complete morons preaching their obscure ideologies to their fans and journalists, trying to come across like their music is too deep for anyone to understand, even for them. When in reality they're just regurgitating the same sound of some other band.

The only one's I take seriously are those who take a more ritualistic approach to music and lyrics that are supposed to be of an occult origin(whether that be personal reflection or actual magikal workings)ie,Rev.Kriss Hades,Absu,Misery's Omen and maybe a few more.But at the end of the day it most likely comes down to interpretation,in saying that there's nothing wrong with the medieval satan bashing approach.

If anyone is a poser it's you, acting like Varg's opinion is the greatest and that it agrees with yours.

If anyone is a poser it's you, acting like Varg's opinion is the greatest and that it agrees with yours.

with albums like Hvis and Filosofem its clear Varg is the best.

And he has said in interviews there was no Satanism, it was all made up to get publicity.

Go watch Once Upon a Time in Norway.