Black Metal.

Shit, new Lunar Aurora? I thought they were finished making music. That's exciting news, hopefully it stands up to Andacht in all its monolithic frosty glory.

Anyone heard the new Lake of Blood? Really impressive riff-driven USBM. I've been digging the shit out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know not everyone here digs the whole "post-black metal" movement; but for those who do, has anyone listened to Deafheaven? I'm liking their debut so far:

I like the Deafheaven on first listen. A good fusion of the two genres.

I've been really enjoying Turdus Merula's debut "Herbarium". Very good black ambient from a one woman band.

:lol:

btw, may I just say I'm glad this thread is back on track. It's one of my favorites on GMD, and the amount of new recommendations in the past few pages has really just been great. It's what makes this thread worth reading

:lol:

btw, may I just say I'm glad this thread is back on track. It's one of my favorites on GMD, and the amount of new recommendations in the past few pages has really just been great. It's what makes this thread worth reading

Hehe. I like this thread too. In the end, black metal is my favorite sub-genre.

the last minute or two of that Deafheaven track were pretty sublime. The Turdus Merula track was interesting...definitely dug the ambient/minimalist vibe

had to look them up on MA:

bXm3v.jpg