Black Metal.

Interesting. I listen to probably about 70% Black Metal, 10% Brutal death/grind, and 10% other stuff. I get into moods for certain kinds of music. Beleive it or not, black metal can bore me after long periods of time.

No, I know the bands you are speaking of. I was just sort of wondering, since we are out of extreme metal bands called Shining :lol:

no no I'm thinking of these douchebags

60619140198.jpg

I suppose it comes down to the matter of personal taste, but for me Shining is complete shit, I seriously consider Dimmu more black metal.

Dimmu Borgir
Old Cradle of Filth (big disappointment these days)
Venom (the hermaphroditic father/mother of black metal, if I'm not mistaken)
Old Kovenant
Emperor
Old Man's Child
Satyricon
Darkthrone
Immortal
Arcturus

Any notable releases of 2007 yet? I know watain and Sauron (hol) have released some new albums but are there any other leaks/releases that are good?

I just checked out Grom - By Oak, Ash, and Thorns. It's good for USBM, with a lot of thrash and death influence (cool lyrics, too). I find that when USBM doesn't try to be raw and minimalistic, it's good, but when it does, it usually sucks. This is why I like Grom, GBK, Tearstained, Absu, etc., but don't like Xasthur, Leviathan, etc.

I saw their album on the Supernal order site and I contemplated picking it up, but I haven't been able to find any samples anywhere. care to help a brother out?

Grom really sucks, I actually have their EP and their split with Sunwheel up for trade/sale. I'm keeping their split with The Shadow Order, however, because The Shadow Order is great.