Black Metal.

I really need to listen to their second album again. I listened to it once when it came out and I was so disappointed with it that I haven't listened to it again.

I did quite like the first album when it came out, yeah, although it's been years since I've listened to it. I was minimally excited about the second album, but once it didn't sound the way I was expecting, I quickly lost interest. The same thing happened with the new Agalloch album, but I finally revisited that one a couple months ago and now I really enjoy it.

Interesting.

I've yet to listen to the new Agalloch; I love that band, but really need to be in the right mood to listen to them. And I still need to purchase the last record.

I have mixed feelings about it. I will however admit "Black Lake Nidstang" is one of the most interesting songs they've composed. Three minute 70s prog section? Yes please!

Kicking my ass...

7320470150191.jpg

Theres no 2012 thread yet so ill post the new Drudkh details here:

374750_10150526363584808_49433279807_10585437_2054776437_n.jpg

1. Eternal Circle
2. Breath of Cold Black Soil
3. When Gods Leave Their Emerald Halls
4. Farewell to Autumn’s Sorrowful Birds
5. Night Woven of Snow, Winds and Grey-Haired Star

Scheduled for a February 24th (28th in North America) 2012 release

More post rock Drudkh, I wonder?

“Eternal Turn of the Wheel” witnesses the Ukrainians returning to their atmospheric black roots, which are most loved by their dedicated following around the globe. Gone are the progressive elements characterising their previous release “Handful of Stars” (2010). DRUDKH’s newest masterpiece owes more to their cult debut “Forgotten Legends” (2003) and the cinematic soundscapes of “Autumn Aurora” (2004) with some of the traditional influences rising on “The Swan Road” (2005). Fans of the slightly progressive “Blood in Our Wells” (2006) will also find their moments. Like the partly acoustic “Songs of Grief and Solitude” (2006) “Eternal Turn of the Wheel” offers a more melodic approach as the harsh “Estrangement” (2007) and ties in well with the widely acclaimed “Microcosmos” (2009) album.

Cool. I really like both styles anyway.

I definitely need to pick up some drudkh albums...
Can I go wrong with any of them really? (this is assuming I kind of liked Handful of Stars and wouldnt be disappointed by it so no need to pick on it)

Based off their description of the upcoming album, it sounds like it would be tits, but considering how catastrophic Handful of Stars were, Im expecting garbage...

Without a doubt their two best are Autumn Aurora and Blood In Our Wells, but Forgotten Legends and Estrangement are also worth checking out in my opinion.