Black Metal.

OK I turn 18 in four days. Four days until I start up paypal with a checking account and begin my next chapter in my black metal quest. I've got the following albums lined up for ordering off of ebay:

Aborym - With No Human Intervention
Arkhon Infaustus - Perdition Insanabilis
Darkestrah - Epos
Graveland - Thousand Swords
Hellveto - Zmierzch
Kataxu - Hunger of Elements
Odium (Nor) - The Sad Realm of the Stars
Sirius - Spectral Transition
Windir - 1184

...and many others of lower priority.

Based on this list, what other bands might I like?

OK I turn 18 in four days. Four days until I start up paypal with a checking account and begin my next chapter in my black metal quest. I've got the following albums lined up for ordering off of ebay:

Darkestrah - Epos
Hellveto - Zmierzch
Windir - 1184

Get Kataxu - Roots Thunder. Far superior to HoE.

As much as I like lo-fi, traditional kvlt black metal, I draw the line at some point. It's kind of like brutal death metal: a lot of it's just useless bullshit, regardless of how gr1m and n3cr0 it is. :erk:

Sometimes the abysmal production works to an advantage, especially when there are distinguishable melodies in the guitarwork. Take Urfaust for example, one of the worst productions in metal, yet it works perfectly with the intoxicating Dutch melodies they play and sing.

Sometimes the abysmal production works to an advantage, especially when there are distinguishable melodies in the guitarwork. Take Urfaust for example, one of the worst productions in metal, yet it works perfectly with the intoxicating Dutch melodies they play and sing.

It's not the production I'm criticizing, it's the goddamned songwriting. Too much bland, tri-tone shit everywhere.

I see. I usually associate the term lo-fi with production. In your case I agree with you for the most part. But every once in a while you need a shot of raw brutality, just like you sometimes need to take it straight rather than mixed into a cocktail.

I see. I usually associate the term lo-fi with production. In your case I agree with you for the most part. But every once in a while you need a shot of raw brutality, just like you sometimes need to take it straight rather than mixed into a cocktail.

I enjoy brutality, hence my love for brutal death, but black metal has too much.

Satyricon-Dark Medieval Times has the worst production I have heard and I think it's great, better than bands with modern productions with plastic clicky drums,etc...

I think modern death metal bands tend to have the worst production actually.

Darkestrah - Epos
Hellveto - Zmierzch
Windir - 1184

I've been meaning to get some Windir

how is Root?