Black Metal.

Solid, but not quite enough symphonic stuff to make it amazing IMO.

Ah, so you like it heavy on the symphonies, eh? Have you checked out Limbonic Art yet?

Also, since I haven't seen anyone mention them, I wanted to recommend this new supergroup that got members of Dysrhythmia, Kayo Dot and Secret Chiefs 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never could get into Arcturus.

Since you're around, my old buddy, you should slap me with some good recs. You're how I got into Ruins of Beverast and some other very beautiful black metal.

Terra Tenebrosa is AWESOME. That album is one of my favorites.

I'm also big into dark post-metal. Not the right thread for it, but peep Amenra while you're at it.

There's not really a thread for blackened/dark post metal so I clump it in with post/black and call it good.

Rolling Mass IIII right now.

last.fm says they're comparable to Fall of Efrafa. I'm probably in for something great here. Have you heard Planks or Downfall of Gaia?

Terra Tenebrosa is AWESOME. That album is one of my favorites.

I'm also big into dark post-metal. Not the right thread for it, but peep Amenra while you're at it.

The guys from Breach are just Class-A talent, there's no denying it.

Alright dude this Amenra band is fucking mean. I'm diggin the Neurosis influence on the strings, the Eyehategod vocals, and that heavy, heavy production. :kickass:

Oh fuck, Kevin. That post was so fucking full of amazing. I'm checking all of those out. Where have you been all my life?

Justin, you're the one that left me. You had something good and you just had to throw it out and leave for Illinois again. AND FOR WHAT

Amenra's combo album "Mass III + IIII" is easily one of my top 10 all time.

If you're into them you gotta check out guys like Latitudes, Buried Inside, The Mire, Irreversible or Come Sleep. They start to wobble around into less black territory and more "post-hardcore" at times, but whatever. Fuckit.

Amenra's combo album "Mass III + IIII" is easily one of my top 10 all time.

If you're into them you gotta check out guys like Latitudes, Buried Inside, The Mire, Irreversible or Come Sleep. They start to wobble around into less black territory and more "post-hardcore" at times, but whatever. Fuckit.

Latitudes is awesome. So is Minsk. The Mire made a terrible first impression on me, I'm trying to get into IRREVERSIBLE but it's been rough because of their atonal chord progressions. Irepress is another one I'm trying really hard to appreciate.

The birthplace of my own band was Old Curtis St Bar, which was owned by the guitarist of Adai. Another huge name in the genre, and he (Devon) loved our band so much that he put us on some epic bills that changed the scope of our band for the better. Playing with Adai was a fucking experience.

Details on the new Summoning record (thanks be to Dodens for the article):

The album, which will be titled “Old Mornings Dawn”, is expected to contain 8 tracks, including an intro, according to a posting on the band’s website. While the same posting, from September, speculated a first quarter of 2013 release date, there is no indication from Napalm Records as to when the album will be released.

http://www.examiner.com/article/summoning-releases-details-of-new-album-old-mornings-dawn