Black Metal.

Yeah, they did a while ago. Schmidt and I saw them at Rites of Darkness in 2011. It was probably the most violent I've ever been up front; I ended up busting my hand open from assaulting the monitor during "Seventh Ceremony".

^ Thought it was OK. The slower riffs were pretty good. Maybe I'd get more into it with a few more listens.

I love raw French black metal. Just such a unique aesthetic and sound quality.

Seigneur Voland

Mortifera

Last edited by a moderator:
Von was fucking ridiculous live. And not in a good way. They did absolutely nothing for me.

Love french black metal. Especially Mortifera. Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera will always remain in my top 5 black metal albums.

What is that black metal does that gives such a feeling of nostalgia? That's the key emotion I get out of the genre...some bizarre nostalgia for a time or a place I've never even been. The combination of dissonant yet melodic notes and just enough grainy production to sound distant. Random nostalgic epiphanies. That's my thought of the day.

^ Thought it was OK. The slower riffs were pretty good. Maybe I'd get more into it with a few more listens.

I love raw French black metal. Just such a unique aesthetic and sound quality.

Seigneur Voland

Mortifera

Can you recommend bands similar to these, specifically Mortifera? I really enjoyed that song.

Be sure to check out the new Imperium Dekadenz, I know KafkaX & Eligos were not particularly moved by it, but I can't stop listening to it.