Black Metal.

Sielu, Linna is pretty damn hard to find. I can't even find it on ebay.

It is... ran a quick google search and saw this but don't know how trustworthy this vendor is.

http://www.salvationdistro.com/store-search/570/124/artists/r/raate/P-sielu-linna

It's a great album, didn't know it's hard to find. I bought my copy not long ago, ordered from Hells Headbangers Records. Keep checking their restocks, they usually have CD copies.

Anyone sunk their teeth into the new Ruins of Beverast record yet? Gave it a first listen yesterday, but his albums always take half a dozen listens or so to sink in.

Yes. I had soooo high expectations and I am thoroughly disappointed. Von Meilenwald has chosen a much more doomier road than I had hoped for, almost entirely leaving out the black metal blast beat passages. Also, there is way too much filler material on the album. Some passages are stellar while others are rather dull.

Blood Vaults was the first album of RoB I heard. Wasnt impressed.

What other album(s) should I check out?

I wouldn't be able to choose my favourite from the first three full-lengths. They are quite different - especially production-wise - but they are all excellent. Perhaps "Foulest Semen..." is the easiest to start with. My favourite track is from the debut, though. Listen here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood Vaults was the first album of RoB I heard. Wasnt impressed.

What other album(s) should I check out?

Yeah I gave it a second listen today, none of it is really striking me yet. I think Foulest Semen... is his best work, but like Goffdahl said, all three albums are really good.

This probably my favorite RoB song:

Urna. Black Doom from Italy. They're about to release their next record "Mors Principium Est".

Previous releases have been VERY avantgarde, and while this new one is more structured, it still sounds amazing.

Can't fucking wait.

Metal Archives page for more info.

EDIT: here's a song from their brilliant record Sepulcrum a few years back.

People throw around "avant-garde" way too much here. The avant-garde in music started with far more complex/progressive things.

Second track of Glorior Belli - Blackpowder Roars is out. The realease "Gators Rumble, Chaos Unfurls" is coming out on 29th of October by Agonia Records.