Black Metal.

Pentagram, Antichrist and Under the Sign of Hell are all reasonable starting points for new listeners. My personal favorite is Antichrist and it's probably the most accessible cause of the cleaner production and more focus on melody, but Pentagram is a classic also.

Question for everyone else though.

Can you list any black metal albums from this year that:

1. Are not for pussies (no Blackgaze or forest troll music)
2. Focus on riffs-

Old Wainds, Nuclear Frost, Nidsang, Abigor, Darkspace, Mutilation Rites, Impaled Nazarene, Odraza, Akrotheism, Nightbringer, Unlight, 1349, Graveborne, Khold, Thorned, Dark Fortress, Ævangelist, Sinmara, Draconis Infernum, Enthroned, Mysticum, Blood of Kingu, Pest, Veldlokk, Ignis Haereticum, Vehemal, Kvlthammer

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss never fails to make my head explode after all these years.

My question is: Is Panzer Division Marduk the most overrated album of theirs? People always list this album as their most 'popular' and the best one to start getting into Marduk too.

Can any of you recommend a black metal album that will make my head explode? I like windir, Watain, and carach angren.

If you like Windir I would reccomend Kawir - Isotheos. I really love how Windir puts a song together, and I thought that album did a lot of similar stuff while still being its own thing. Fyrnask too.

There's also Aosoth - IV: An Arrow in Heart. I love that one to death. And for some reason Sargeist - Let the Devil In is springing to mind (probably because it is awesome).

Summoning's most recent statement:

After having turned our attention on different things during the first half of this year, we are back to concentrate on summoning again. There are already some new riff composed and rearrangements have been done of songs from the O.M.D session. Protector also started to recreate our homepage, with a total new design and updated content.

So the hammers are pounding loudly again in carven deep and far on the horizons the first ray of light are bearing witness of the return of the old ways …

Yeah I'm stoked.

Summoning's most recent statement:

After having turned our attention on different things during the first half of this year, we are back to concentrate on summoning again. There are already some new riff composed and rearrangements have been done of songs from the O.M.D session. Protector also started to recreate our homepage, with a total new design and updated content.

So the hammers are pounding loudly again in carven deep and far on the horizons the first ray of light are bearing witness of the return of the old ways …

Yeah I'm stoked.

Yeah. I saw that. Probably the most important news headline of 2014.

Mathiäs;10922182 said:
That's because it sucks.

I've been re-listening to my Deathspell albums all week. Best black metal band ever.

Everything about this post is fucking hilariously bad.

A new album, or evidence of one, would be more awesome.

(yeah, there's evidence, but, anyone that really cares surely knows what I mean)

Can any of you recommend a black metal album that will make my head explode? I like windir, Watain, and carach angren.

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao is an incredible album.

Ordo+Ad+Chao+1000x1000.png

I never listened to that album, which is probably why I just now noticed that it's Ordo ad Chao, whereas I always thought it was Ordo ab Chao. Probably because ad doesn't take the ablative form like ab; rather, it takes the accusative form, so the correct form would be Ordo ad Chaum. Obviously Mayhem needs to learn about Sid Space, the ablative astronaut.