Black Metal.

Yea, just got that Sinmara album yesterday. Like it (and Svartiduathi) a lot.

People who like that should check out Carpe Noctem - In Terra Profugus if they haven't already.

Debut album of this band is out in December.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/islanderncs/sets/dysangelium-leviaxxis[/soundcloud]

So, guys, what are you overall thoughts on new Winterfylleth and Spectral Lore? I must admit new Winterfylleth is much better than their previous one.

I don't listen to too much Winterfylleth because although they do put out adequate black metal it tends to be on the bland side imo. Kind of like Wodensthrone, although I like them a bit better. For an atmospheric bm band they can use more atmosphere. But I do give em a spin every once in a while. I haven't heard too much Spectral Lore but I remember enjoying their latest.

I haven't listened to either of the two most Winterfylleth releases much, though I really like the stuff before that. I'm surprised to hear dweller call it bland - songs like "Mam Tor," "Forging the Iron of England," "Defenders of the Realm," and "Wayfarer III" all have some interesting twists. I mean, I'm not saying its avant-garde or anything, but good fundamentals with a good personal touch. I'd say the same for Wodensthrone, particularly the more recent album.

I really like the new Spectral Lore, which I only just started listening to.

The first two Winterfylleth albums are great. The third is really boring, the new one is slightly better but still boring.

Both Wodensthrone albums are really good. I'm sure I read somewhere that they were nearly done writing (possibly recording) the next album.

Would be seeing Wodensthrone tomorrow but they're on the same time as St Vitus. Winterfylleth are clashing with what looks like some Baroness type band so I guess I'll get to see them.

I think 'Loss" is a very good album, but the tracks that I've heard off of "Curse" didn't grab me enough to give the full album a listen. I'll do that soon, I may be missing something here.

Loss is definitely a better album than Curse, but both albums dont have enough replay value for me. If they are on, ill listen to em, but to choose to listen to them practically never happens because theres a slew of other shit like em id choose over it.

Winterfylleth havnt done anything that impresses me.

A Forest of Stars is awesome. Not familiar with Code.

The only black metal band on the bill Id personally be stoked on would be Fen. Especially because I would hope they would play some shit off their new album thats coming out.

The big standouts for me on "Curse" are probably "The Name of the Wind," "First Light," and then "The Great Darkness." In that order.