Black Metal.

Saw these guys a while ago but had totally forgotten about them. Debut album seems quite good.

The guitarist, and by the sounds of things primary songwriter, is the guitarist from Fen, Skaldic Curse and De Arma. Sound is closest to Skaldic Curse, i.e. black metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my mate are meeting up Saturday to whole day of black metal inferno. We compile a list of - for us - unknown black metal bands and listen to one track from each. After each track we review the track, make comments, rate and discuss. The results will define which bands to delve into during the next ½-1 year.

So, I need lots of ideas! Please provide ideas for bands/tracks/Youtube links etc.

Check my Last.fm for the last 3, 6, 12 months or so to get an idea of our taste.

http://www.last.fm/user/Goffdahl

No need to mention all the obvious bands. We are afficionados and are looking for hidden gems.

Thank you all in advance!

So, Jeremy and I decided to hit this up this weekend. I'm a Falls of Rauros fan and turning into a Wodensthrone fan. The other acts...not sure how I feel yet. Woman is the Earth has a lot of great ambient black metal moments ala Paysage d'Hiver that I dig, but other elements I just can't.

I wish they just had a Bathory cover band instead.

10443104_10204516108079386_85234216126866960_o.jpg

Woman is the Earth has a lot of great ambient black metal moments ala Paysage d'Hiver that I dig, but other elements I just can't.

At least you saw em. Im curious about their setlist though.

Did you see if they had any merch? Ive been waiting for them to press This Place Contains My Spirit and I just keep getting told, "soon, keep checking back!"

I assume they play before Falls of Rauros and Wodensthrone, so I'll be at least at the bar or outside during their set. I'll make an effort to check em out there. If you want some merch I can pick you up something and send it to you.

I'm still on the fence on the Ulver Vinyl set. It's not that expensive and I like Ulver + their influence on the genre, but do I like them enough for drop $85? Probably not.