Black Metal.

Enslaved and Nocternity I'm all over, Nagelfar I've heard of but never heard, Negura Bunget I've been a lazy shitlord about so I'll remedy that, Dordeduh and Darkspace I've never even heard of, so cheers.

I guess I'm in the minority who favors Kénose above everything else in the DSO discography.
I think Kenose II is the best DsO song, and it was my favorite release up until Paracletus. Kenose III is not super great, and there's just more Paracletus, so that takes the top spot for me.

I like Sunbather a lot.

EDIT: Also, while I hesitate to tell people who know a lot more (about) BM than I . . . I haven't heard much BM/shoegaze that sounds a lot like Sunbather. Sure, BM and shoegaze have been combined before, but from my limited experience Sunbather's sound is still fairly new/unique.

I'm eager to be proven wrong though. Links?
It's just that bands who like shoegaze do a better job of integrating it into the overall sound of the band, rather than tossing a shoegaze break into the middle of a song like on Sunbather. You've probably heard Lantlos and Alcest, which lean away from the rock-ish kind of shoegaze. The latest Lantlos is arguably not metal, but sort of is a grunge/shoegaze hybrid that I really like.

The world needs less 'blackgaze' and more of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqqShBKUBg
That was quite good, reminded me of Xasthur outside of the vocals.
Honestly, the first thing that comes to mind for epic non-Summoning BM is a really obvious one, but Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
+1
Point made. Most everything good is fucking epic.
Basically yeah, outside of like Ildjarn, or live recordings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second Nagelfar, if we are talking the German band. Virus West kicks ass.

As for "epic" black metal, I've already mentioned them but Thy Light - Suici.de.pression. one of the most moving pieced of bm I've heard.

Also Gris - Il Etait Une Foret.

Nagelfar= excellent German band
Naglfar= crappy Swedish band

Nokturnal Mortum's "Voice of Steel" is another good choice if you're looking for epic. And if you want epic bm with a tinge of doom Ruins of Beverast is a great choice.

Exactly. Its not like your money is paying for nazi rallies. More like paying for recording costs or morning donuts

Seriously, if you give money to corporations you're supporting much worse attrocities than some antisocial musician buying a Hitler poster and putting it up in his room. Do a little research on what went into the creation of your smart phone and then reflect on if buying a NSBM record is actually a big deal.

shhhh, we're not suppose to talk about work conditions in asia. then we might feel guilty about using our I devices instead of a few white guys that use the n word

If you're going to pirate music, just fucking do it and don't act like you're trying to make the world a better place, fuck.

If you're going to pirate music, just fucking do it and don't act like you're trying to make the world a better place, fuck.

Please break your neck falling off your pedestal. I used to pirate music but now I'm good buying CDs and using Spotify. It's really not a hard concept to understand I'd like to shaft assholes as much as humanely possible. Whatever.