Black Metal.

262-covers-300.jpg

who was i talking to about Myrkur and women in metal?

Sick of hearing about that bitch.

Fr srs.

I don't give a fuck that the music is bland or that it's a big old marketing gimmick and that she seems like a knob, I just wish people would shut up about it.

Anyway, this is pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came here to see if anyone else had said stuff about Myrkur because someone I respect was recently praising her riffcraft.

Still not taking a side, but sometimes my testicles resonate when you guys make posts.

Re: Deafheaven. Completely overshadowed by other new post black metal releases this year, imo.

I'd actually post the name of the band if I could fucking remember it. Album title is Ophidian Henosis.

It seems like I enjoy a lot of World Terror Committee's releases. I'm sure it's got me on some "watch list" of some sort. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OneManArmy give Nattsol a go. Very good nature-oriented black metal.

Thanks for this suggestion the other day, I really enjoyed that.

Can anyone who speaks Norwegian translate the track titles for me? I've spent an hour with Google Translate and other websites, but only ended up with a half-hearted result, and can't find anything better.

The album title is "Stemning", apparently meaning Mood, Atmosphere.

Track titles:
1. Ved aas i haustmoerket
2. Ved baal i kveldstime
3. Ved skog i natterstid
4. Ved fjell i vinterblaest
5. Ved elv i eismal stund
6. Ved hav i avdagsleitet

And this is my translated effort so far (underline means couldn't translate at all):

1. By aas in the autumn darkness
2. the campfire in evening time
3. at forest in nighttime
4. on mountain in winter blast
5. by river in lonely while (? doesn't make sense)
6. at sea in avdag struggle

Glad you enjoyed it! It's a really beautiful album. Good luck with those translations.

Thanks, I'm digging some of this ambient/atmospheric black metal or whatever it is... All new stuff to me.

Just listening to Wolves in the Throne Room for the first time ("Two Hunters" and "Celestial Lineage"), absolutely fantastic albums!

Funny thing is, I chose to start reading this thread a couple of days ago starting at about 2010 (p.900), and have coincidentally just reached some old posts where you lot were dissing WITTR as being a bit "meh".

Thanks for this suggestion the other day, I really enjoyed that.

Can anyone who speaks Norwegian translate the track titles for me? I've spent an hour with Google Translate and other websites, but only ended up with a half-hearted result, and can't find anything better.

The album title is "Stemning", apparently meaning Mood, Atmosphere.

Track titles:
1. Ved aas i haustmoerket
2. Ved baal i kveldstime
3. Ved skog i natterstid
4. Ved fjell i vinterblaest
5. Ved elv i eismal stund
6. Ved hav i avdagsleitet

And this is my translated effort so far (underline means couldn't translate at all):

1. By aas in the autumn darkness
2. the campfire in evening time
3. at forest in nighttime
4. on mountain in winter blast
5. by river in lonely while (? doesn't make sense)
6. at sea in avdag struggle

'Aa' is an archaic way of spelling 'å', which is unsurprising since it's descended from the Old Norse long-A sound, which shifted to an O-sound. An ås, according to wiktionary, is an esker or a hill.