Black Metal.

Symphonic black? Limbonic Art The Moon in the Scorpio. Sirius Aeons of Magick. Odium The Sad Realm of the Stars. Obtained Enslavement Witchcraft. There's a few solid ones.

Mandatory Aeternus post of the month: as I've said plenty before, those first two albums need a fucking vinyl reissue. Holy shit please and thank you.
And sure this is the black metal thread and all, but on this same issue, so does Left Hand Path. How is such a classic so unavailable? Especially since so many older classics are seeing 180gram reissues every month

Anyone know of any good channels on Youtube for full black metal albums? I used to keep up with Atmospheric Black Metal but lately it's been plagued with a lot of shitty folk-black and post-black which isn't my thing.

Just looking for good lo-fi semi-melodic buzzy shit... ya feel?

I'd argue it's not strictly about sound. I doubt you'd encounter many people willing to classify Christian music that is black metal in sound, actual black metal.

I sure as hell wouldn't.

Yeah, but I would cuz it sounds the same. Not many other genres out there that would all of a sudden become another genre because of lyrical content, is there? I get the concept, but it's pretty silly.

You can't be part of a genre when you are an affront to the foundation the genre was built upon - and one of the things black metal was built on was anti-Christianity.

Is black metal the only musical genre that this applies to? There are a lot of types of music with differing views expressed in them, including other types of metal. How do you make the distinction on when this is applied to the music?