Black Metal.

Those ones who hasn't heard Marblebog yet have to do it. It's awesome ambient bm from Hungary with pretty 'dense' sound and great 'wounded animal' vocals. Csendhajnal - Silencedawn and Forestheart are really good albums. I need to check Winds Of Moors.

Yes, Marblebog rules.

I've owned this album less than a week and I am falling in love more and more with Aborym's With No Human Intervention. This band really knows how to fuse black metal with electronica/industrial to create a captivating sound. And Attila's vocals on De Mysteriis.. are nothing compared to the show he puts on for this killer album.

How are Kali Yuga Bizarre and Fire Walk With Us compared to this album? I'm sure they are great.

I own 'Kali Yuga Bizarre' (the track "Roma Divina Urbs" is just awesome), 'With No Human Intervention' and 'Generator'. All of them are great, imo. Aborym is pretty technical and full of modern stuff, but they also add some of history to their stuff, which makes them kind of special. I love when they mix english and italian in their songs.

Btw, Generator's album cover was drown just with a pencil on a piece of paper. By great artist Lorenzo Mariani.

95585pc4.jpg

artwork_aborym_4.jpg

artwork_aborym_5.jpg

artwork_aborym_6.jpg

The same guy, who drew this (again, just pencil and paper):

artwork_darkthrone_1.jpg

artwork_darkthrone_2.jpg

artwork_darkthrone_3.jpg

A modern band like Velvet Cacoon can have no meaningful ideology and create a listening experience just as meaningful.
What do you mean by "no meaningful ideology"? From what I've heard, Velvet Cacoon's ideological motivations were many and prevalent in their behaviour, if somewhat atypical. Unless you are saying that you consider their whole gimmick to be meaningless, which I suppose could be argued.

I've come to think the importance of ideology in black metal is remarkably overrated. If Deathspell Omega's lyrics didn't mean anything, I would still enjoy them just as much. I hardly know any of the lyrics from Drudkh, Leviathan, or Xasthur, and I love those bands regardless. Besides, no matter how sincere any lyrics or aesthetics appear to be, it's impossible to tell what a band's actual motivation is.
Here lies the difference between entertainment and art - if you only seek entertainment from music, then ignoring the parts that don't immediately stimulate you is a wise move. As for the difficulty in realizing an artist's innermost motivations, I think this is what makes analysis and discussion of art so interesting (as opposed to an excuse to avoid trying to find any deeper meaning in the music). :)

You don't need to examine a band's lyrics or be acquainted with their ideology to be able to enjoy their craft on an artistic level. And you don't always have to enjoy it on an artistic level either.