Black Metal.

Okay, now I'm confused. Somebody says that BM is nothing but a sound, other say that it sure is nothing but a sound but we shouldn't forget that it was built on ideology.
Seems, like this ideology has been neglected lately.
So what is black metal? And can black be white (not a genre)? Like a fact of christian bm existance.

Okay, now I'm confused. Somebody says that BM is nothing but a sound, other say that it sure is nothing but a sound but we shouldn't forget that it was built on ideology.
Seems, like this ideology has been neglected lately.
So what is black metal? And can black be white (not a genre)? Like a fact of christian bm existance.

This ideology only played a part in the early scene - it has NOTHING to do with making a band black metal. A black metal band can play Christian music and still be considered black metal.

Horde, Lengsel, Antestor, etc

Anyways - fuck off anyone who honestly believes that you need this ideology to be black metal.

Am I the only one who thinks Panzerfaust is the best Darkthrone CD?

I don't know, but I sure as hell don't. There is nothing wrong with the shameless Celtic Frost worship and all, but all of their releases prior were better (with the exception of A Blaze In The Northern Sky), as well as Ravishing Grimness.

I don't know, but I sure as hell don't. There is nothing wrong with the shameless Celtic Frost worship and all, but all of their releases prior were better (with the exception of A Blaze In The Northern Sky), as well as Ravishing Grimness.

That is their best BM album as far as I'm concerned. Paragon Belial is probably their best song.

So I'm listening to the new Mayhem - very different from their past few albums, really great. Actually - probably the only worthwhile thing Mayhem has done since DMDS. It has this really cold atmosphere, sort of similar to Blut Aus Nord's masterpiece The Work Which Transforms God.

That is their best BM album as far as I'm concerned. Paragon Belial is probably their best song.

So I'm listening to the new Mayhem - very different from their past few albums, really great. Actually - probably the only worthwhile thing Mayhem has done since DMDS. It has this really cold atmosphere, sort of similar to Blut Aus Nord's masterpiece The Work Which Transforms God.

ABITNS is good. Panzerfaust is better to me, though. As for the new Mayhem, I have yet to hear it. I haven't really liked anything of theirs since DMDS, but I guess I should check it out.

ABITNS is good. Panzerfaust is better to me, though. As for the new Mayhem, I have yet to hear it. I haven't really liked anything of theirs since DMDS, but I guess I should check it out.

It is really good - easily their best work since DMDS.

Yeah, I love Panzerfaust, but Transilvanian Hunger may overtake it eventually. Panzerfaust was the first Darkthone I heard. I might have a cover of En Vind Av Sorg going up on myspace soon. Fun stuff to play.

I am heading to metal haven soon(local metal store) and i want to pick up some blunt aus nord. Anyone know any REALLY good stuff by them other then the work which transforms god. Also some stuff in the vien of that would be nice

I hate you people that live in Chicago because Metal Haven was fucking amazing.

The closest I've heard to BAN - TWWTG is the new Mayhem, but that isn't out yet so nothing I can recommend you for that.

All of their stuff is good though, get Ultima Thulee I guess.

Look For:
Negative Plane - Et In Saecula Saeculorum
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice

I hate you people that live in Chicago because Metal Haven was fucking amazing.

The closest I've heard to BAN - TWWTG is the new Mayhem, but that isn't out yet so nothing I can recommend you for that.

All of their stuff is good though, get Ultima Thulee I guess.

Look For:
Negative Plane - Et In Saecula Saeculorum
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice

LOl yea they have a new store becuase there moving but the one problom is they are always out of stock with the really good titles.

Yeah, they need to move out of that little hole in the wall because I swear any more than 6 people in that place and you can't fucking move around at all.

Metal Haven is indeed the best. On 6/6/06, there was a half off sale starting at midnight. I bought like 9 albums.

I hope the new location is nice. I'll have to check it out soon.

Maybe the newest BAN is like TWWTG? The most recent Spektr album is sort of similar.