Black Metal.

Ulver didn't sell out just because they stopped playing Black Metal. It's not like their newer style is much more populist or widely appealing.

Shit, this thread is long. Instead of making my own thread, I'll post here. I'm looking for some good USBM, along the lines of Leviathan, Xasthur, Manticore, Lurker of Chalice, Crebain, etc.. I guess black metal/ambient would be what I'm mostly looking for.

Shit, this thread is long. Instead of making my own thread, I'll post here. I'm looking for some good USBM, along the lines of Leviathan, Xasthur, Manticore, Lurker of Chalice, Crebain, etc.. I guess black metal/ambient would be what I'm mostly looking for.

crebain is terrible....but Hills of Sefiroth is great

crebain is terrible....but Hills of Sefiroth is great
From the song I just listened to (Songs Ardent Among Fields of Might), Hills of Sefiroth is quite good.
CREBAIN IS SO NOT TERRIBLE!!!!!11!!! I can see where you're coming from, though.

K, I'm listening to Nazgul (ita). What would be otherwise excellent symph bm is nearly ruined by the horrible vox.

N.I.L.

I love the instrumental work, but I just can't take Nazgul seriously when he does those screams. Kind of sounds like a whistle. If he did them occasionally, I'd probably be fine with them, but he does them a lot, and it bothers me. A lot.

N.I.L. and Veil were exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

No problem. Veil does an excellent cover of Ea, Lord Of The Depths. I have two versions, one from Dolor and one from a Burzum tribute bootleg.

Silencer and Helheim are also to otherwise great bands that use those shit vocals.

If you haven't heard the second album from Helheim, you're sorely missing out. Their most recent album, though fairly different in style, is also pretty good.

@ Astrum

Never really seen why there was such a big hype for Burzum.

Do you have Soulseek so I can download some?

Some Burzum? I don't have soulseek, but I could possibly upload some stuff. PM me if interested.

You have to listen to the right Burzum. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is close to perfection. That is possibly the most accessible besides Burzum/Aske.