Black Metal.

If this isn't fucking cool for packaging art, I don't know what is.

tape_tribute1.jpg

Fans of Darkestrah can read a review I did here. Note that it is quite long, and I went into a lot of depth, but felt it suitable considering their lesser known ethnic origins and culture. Patient readers and deeper fans of the pagan aspects of Black Metal need only hit the link :)

It will be up on Metal Archives soon :)

its funny that you mention nachtmystium... i took this from their myspace page a while ago and thought it was funny but now you give it relevance "We are NOT a black metal band and wish not to be branded as such, the future of Nachtmystium lies within no boundaries, no scenes, genres or cliques."-Blake J. Funny....

From what I've heard the other works of this band move into even more experimental territory, I've been meaning to check them out. Has anyone heard Ordog?

I own Ordog, and it's probably the most inaccessible album I own. Don't buy it if you're not willing to get used to it.

Also, thanks to everyone for the German BM recommendations. I'll check these bands out for sure.

Is there any technique for "appreciating" Mutiilation? (besides filling my ears with strontium hydro xide). I'm on what I think is my 5th try but it ain't speaking my language.

PS why is the word "hydr0x" censored on UM?

Fans of Darkestrah can read a review I did here. Note that it is quite long, and I went into a lot of depth, but felt it suitable considering their lesser known ethnic origins and culture. Patient readers and deeper fans of the pagan aspects of Black Metal need only hit the link :)

It will be up on Metal Archives soon :)

Your reviews are almost as beautiful as the works of art they describe. I really want to get this album now.

Forgotten Legends...or Autumn Aurora...really anywhere other than Songs of Grief & Solitude is a good place to start (well, Swan Road may not be the greatest to start off with either, but it's still a fucking awesome album)

What's bad about Songs of Grief? i seen good reviews on that one...

Is there any technique for "appreciating" Mutiilation? (besides filling my ears with strontium hydro xide). I'm on what I think is my 5th try but it ain't speaking my language.

PS why is the word "hydr0x" censored on UM?

Yeah, listen to the right albums.

Which means ONLY Remains Of A Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul and Vampires Of Black Imperial Blood.

I'd assume it is censored due to the drug spammers we get around here.

Drudkh > Nachtmystium anyday of the week.

I still don't get the fascination with Nachtmystium here, although, I know many here are from the US, so I guess they have a good US following perhaps...
Well I haven't heard Drudkh, but Nachtmystium, especially their newest album, sound very unique and powerful to me. I love the solos especially, along with everything else.

its funny that you mention nachtmystium... i took this from their myspace page a while ago and thought it was funny but now you give it relevance "We are NOT a black metal band and wish not to be branded as such, the future of Nachtmystium lies within no boundaries, no scenes, genres or cliques."-Blake J. Funny....
Yeah I saw this. Kind of lame, but they still make great music.

Well I haven't heard Drudkh, but Nachtmystium, especially their newest album, sound very unique and powerful to me. I love the solos especially, along with everything else.

Nachtmystium is excellent stuff, but I have very high expectations for the Drudkh albums I'll soon be acquiring.