Black Metal.

Nope. You are the one screaming that generally revered band is somehow unworthy of praise, so the burden of proof lies with you.

Just to humour you, though, I suppose I could say that track 3 and 4 are among the most intricate, evocative tracks he has written; perfect examples of how he uses swirling guitars accompanied by simple drums and haunted vocals to conjure his beautiful visions. 'Bad', simply doesn't cut it.

meh... back in the 90s when burzum was the most hated band and peoples would beat you until you bleed if you owned any burzum lps. (everyone in the black metal community was an euronymous defenders)

how things have changed... now everyone is ball-licking varg like he is beethoven.

Glorior Belli's new album should be released soon. I purchased a defective copy of "Ô Laudate Dominvs" and still haven't tried to get another copy yet. Still, I can't wait to get this new album.

With that comment alone
1) You have no fucking idea about Black Metal
2) You certainly DONT deserve that avatar.
3) Enjoy my seal of approval for you below:

no_blackmetal.jpg

Filosofem is a briliant album, from start to finish. Clearly, you are looking for catchy boppy garbage. Go hang out in the Death metal thread.

uh death metal is catchy boppy garbage? :erk:

Hubster has an everlasting chip on his shoulder in regards to black metal, comes off as a complete tool to be quite honest when he gets like that ...

Anyways Lifthrasireon - The Age of Lifthrasir is really good.

meh... back in the 90s when burzum was the most hated band and peoples would beat you until you bleed if you owned any burzum lps. (everyone in the black metal community was an euronymous defenders)

how things have changed... now everyone is ball-licking varg like he is beethoven.

Hahahaha! Canada is obviously a very strange place...

Heh, sorry, I forgot some of us can't handle discussion on a higher level than expressing how much bands rule by adjusting the number U's in that very word.

Let me put it so that you'll understand:

Burzum ruuuuuuules, and claiming otherwise, without any argument, is just a waste of everyone's time.

Don't rip my head off, but from what I've seen and heard, Varg hates his own music. Maybe that just makes it black-metal-ier, or something. I just always got the impression that he was sort of a sad neo-Nazi fucker. Obviously you guys are much more familiar with his work, though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: This may have been mentioned somewhere back in the 170-odd pages of this thread that I didn't read, and if so, I apologize.