Black Metal.

Nocturnal Poisoning and then stop there.
To Violate the Oblivious and Xasthur/Leviathan - Split, too. After that, if you are interested, get the rest, but be prepared for less consistency. After all, he has a ton of material, you can't expect it to all be excellent.

Oh yeah and A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors has some of his best songs imo, "Cursed Be The Memory of Light" and "Spell Within The Winds" to name two.

Or stay on topic instead of talking about poppy-faggoth metal (and yes that goes for their early stuff as well).

:lol: You've got problems son. It's one thing to not like a band because their music doesn't sit well with you, but you just can't help yourself about CoF. Using the same, tired, cliche insults about a band you've never even listened to. As far as musicianship goes, their first 4 albums are amazing. If you disagree, try to come up with a better excuse than they're "Poppy-Faggoth Metal."

:lol: You've got problems son. It's one thing to not like a band because their music doesn't sit well with you, but you just can't help yourself about CoF. Using the same, tired, cliche insults about a band you've never even listened to. As far as musicianship goes, their first 4 albums are amazing. If you disagree, try to come up with a better excuse than they're "Poppy-Faggoth Metal."
Whether or not I have listened to any CoF albums, the argument that they have amazing musicianship means exactly jack and shit in black metal. So while I don't disagree that they have amazing musicianship, it is a totally irrelevant fact. There are some local tech-death bands that are probably just as good, and their music is horrid.

Whether or not I have listened to any CoF albums, the argument that they have amazing musicianship means exactly jack and shit in black metal. So while I don't disagree that they have amazing musicianship, it is a totally irrelevant fact. There are some local tech-death bands that are probably just as good, and their music is horrid.

No shit? They're not black metal. I haven't argued that point once, nor was I trying to talk about their music compared to other black metal bands. Which makes half of your argument moot from the start.

That aside, when I say musicianship, I don't necessarily mean their technical ability at whatever instrument they use. I mean how they can stray from the wankery to writing good songs. In which you would have to actually listen to the albums to understand. In turn making your entire argument moot.

No shit? They're not black metal. I haven't argued that point once, nor was I trying to talk about their music compared to other black metal bands. Which makes half of your argument moot from the start.

That aside, when I say musicianship, I don't necessarily mean their technical ability at whatever instrument they use. I mean how they can stray from the wankery to writing good songs. In which you would have to actually listen to the albums to understand. In turn making your entire argument moot.
What were you arguing then? ...

The post which you were responding to was a call to stay on topic, the topic of black metal. You disagreed with him. I'm not sure what your intent was in your response to him if it wasn't to say that CoF is black metal. Is your point that CoF is not black metal but they are technically proficient? Thanks for letting us know, I guess.

Further, the poster you responded to didn't say anything about the music of CoF, only that it was not black metal.

I knows I will probobly get flamed for this, but Enslaved - Vetrarnótt is one the best black metal songs ever, easily.