Black Metal.

I am giving Gorgoroth my first listen, and I was throughly underwhelmed by Ad Majorum Sathanus Gloriam, but I am loving Antichrist. Is this the general consensus or am I a dumbass?

I think you can love the album you want and hate the one you want..... you don't have to follow the trend like most peoples around here.

Personally, I think most Gorgoroth albums get boring really fast. I like Pentagram and Antichrist, and don't care for the rest.

Going through Pentagram now. Is that a different vocalist?

Hat did vocals on Pentagram and Antichrist, Pest did vocals on Under the Sign of Hell and some on Destroyer Gaahl did some on Destroyer and everything after it.

If you enjoy the band I would highly recommend Under The Sign of Hell.

Edit: Talking about Gorgoroth reminds me of the time I was at a Celtic Frost show with Sahg and 1349 opening. King from Gorgoroth plays bass in Sahg. During the 1349 set a friend and I were at the back of the venue waiting for Celtic Frost to play. As i am watching 1349 play someone walks over and stands next to me. I look over and it is King. I look at him for a second and he glances over and then keeps watching 1349. I kinda wanted to say something, but there wasn't really anything to say. 1349 finished and he went back stage. /story

you know what black metal band i checked out and liked? bathory. black metal bands that thrash like bathory and venom, if you can really call it thrashing, are cool.

but gorgoroth, dimmu borgir, 1349, and satryicon and old mans child, and all those bands all still suck. impaled nazarene is cool but i only heard ugra karma.

like my english is the suffer now today.

well I can agree with you for gorgoroth,1349 and above all dimmu borgir(fucking posers),but.....satyricon!FUCK!!SATYRICOON!!!
SAATYRICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN???????????????????????????
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! I KILL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...no ok,their last works aren't in their style,but if you don't like works like dark medieval times or the shadowthrone,well guy..you've got some problem with black metal..Old man's child..I like them,something like the pagan prosperity is hard to find.Good album.
for the rest..Bathory and Venom are two of my favourite bands,all the respect to them!
and impaled nazarene..you have to listen to other their works to say if they are good or not.....try with All That You Fear...

Regarding Gorgoroth, my personal favourites are Antichrist, and their last two albums.

Måneskyggens Slave...I would say, is one of their most epic songs ever by Gorgoroth. All hail Gorgoroth.

My favorite album is Under the Sign of the Hell but after hearing that one song, Måneskyggens Slave, I've been more inclined to the earlier albums. All Hail Gorgoroth.

On another note, which of the two black metal albums was more solid?

Pentagram by Gorgoroth

vs.

Blood Fire Death by Bathory

I chose Pentagram. There's only like one good song from Blood Fire Death,the supposed masterpiece from Bathory.
All Hail Gorgoroth! I wonder if they would ever play at Wacken?

Regarding Gorgoroth, my personal favourites are Antichrist, and their last two albums.

Måneskyggens Slave...I would say, is one of their most epic songs ever by Gorgoroth. All hail Gorgoroth.

My favorite album is Under the Sign of the Hell but after hearing that one song, Måneskyggens Slave, I've been more inclined to the earlier albums. All Hail Gorgoroth.

Pentagram by Gorgoroth

vs.

I chose Pentagram. There's only like one good song from Blood Fire Death,the supposed masterpiece from Bathory.

Pentagram by Gorgoroth

vs.

Wow. Who gives a shit. I mean really, does anyone here give a shit?