Black Metal.

I picked up Fathers Of The Icy Age. Great shit. Its amazing how blut aus nord puts out good music on EVERY ALBUM. I cant wait for the new one.

I dont really follow Blut Aus Nord, but I have heard the first album. Anyways, what is going to make the new one so great?

The new one and The Work Which Transforms God are not my cup of tea at all. I guess it's too abstract for my tastes, and I wouldn't even call it black metal. I picked up Ultima Thulée used at the store a few weeks ago because it was dirt cheap, and surprisingly, I found it to be very good (though it is much different in style than what I had previously heard by them).

I dunno, I still love it. It's definitely BM, but admittedly quite leftfield in the face of plenty of traditionalists. The new album, which should be out this year, Odinist is going to sound more like the first or second album.

I dunno, I still love it. It's definitely BM, but admittedly quite leftfield in the face of plenty of traditionalists. The new album, which should be out this year, Odinist is going to sound more like the first or second album.

Yes.

I think Blut Aus Nord is one the most prolific black metal bands. EVER. Listen to Our Blessed Frozen Cells. That sound somewhere manages to push atonality into a full epic complex song.
MoRT is very bad though. So every album but MoRT is good.

I was really into black metal at one point, but I've pretty much gotten away from it for the most part. However, I'm still a Windir addict and nothing beats stuff like Twilight, Deathspell Omega and Wolves in the Throne Room.

What do you think of Gorgoroth's first 3 albums? I sampled all 3 and Pentagram's vocals will take some getting used to, to me they're not great, I guess they're decent, sound like a worser version of INTE Ihshan, Antichrist had the best music and vocals from what I heard, Under the Sign of Hell had a more current type Gorgoroth feel to it? Which one do you like the best and why?