Black Metal.

I'm going on record to say that Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum is an excellent album and a proper follow-up to the last two releases.

Fas is excellent, yes. The music is a bit too chaotic right when the vocals kick in on the first "real" song of the album (it is the only point on the album where I can't at all make out what the guitars are playing), but the dissonant chaotic style works well for them. They definitely took the dissonance a step further than on SMRC. However, I still like SMRC a little bit better than Fas, but I think that SMRC is easily one of the top five black metal releases of all time.

It's too bad that the first full song on Fas is the weakest one. It made the album as a whole more difficult. The Repellent Scars of Abandon and Election is a devastating song, and easily one of the band's best.

Fas is excellent, yes. The music is a bit too chaotic right when the vocals kick in on the first "real" song of the album (it is the only point on the album where I can't at all make out what the guitars are playing), but the dissonant chaotic style works well for them. They definitely took the dissonance a step further than on SMRC. However, I still like SMRC a little bit better than Fas, but I think that SMRC is easily one of the top five black metal releases of all time.

It is a very logical progression, due to the extremely chaotic nature of the lyrics compared to SMRC's, but yes I agree with this post too.

I don't find the change on the new album nearly as dramatic or startling as most people it seems. It seems a fairly consistent progression, and I've disagreed with most of the criticisms I've seen against the album so far. I really don't see how any who liked both SMRC and Kenose could hate Fas.

I don't dislike Gorgoroth, but boy do those albums sound average to me. I really think you can spend your time and money on better stuff than this. I guess it's good to be familiar with the band for historical reference, but if you've already heard a decent amount of black metal, there's nothing mind blowing here. It really makes the difference between the top tier and the secondary bands apparent.

The first couple of Gorgoroth albums is some of the best constructed black metal ever written. The riffs are perfect, but in execution and in structure. If you find yourself unable to realize and appreciate this, it really is time to revise the way you listen to black metal.

The first couple of Gorgoroth albums is some of the best constructed black metal ever written. The riffs are perfect, but in execution and in structure. If you find yourself unable to realize and appreciate this, it really is time to revise the way you listen to black metal.

Fuck. This is one of the first bands I got into. I'm gonna be comparing everything to them and I'll be constantly disappointed. Oh well.

I've been really digging Blut Aus Nord lately. real fucked-up blend of black metal, doom, and industrial noise.

I've been meaning to get some Gorgoroth, which ones should I get?

I'm going on record to say that Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum is an excellent album and a proper follow-up to the last two releases.

I completely agree with this statement, but I miss some of the more traditional lead guitar work found on its predecessors. The guitarwork on FIMIIA is a bit too complex and they could have thrown in a few simpler leads to keep the listener engaged.