Black Metal.

Antichrist and UTSoH > all other Gorgoroth releases. King is cool and all, but he should seriously let Infernus write the music.

Mathiäs;6433662 said:
SMRC is vastly superior to FIMIIA.

Very true. DsO is one of many bands that, to me at least, release their best work when they are transitioning from more traditional black metal towards their more abstract musical directions. Great examples of these bands are Samael, The Kovenant, Emperor, and by the looks of it, Nachtmystium.

FAS is ok. There have been albums much better this year. I dont see what is so amazing about their music. ...Battles is by far there best.

I've been really digging Blut Aus Nord lately. real fucked-up blend of black metal, doom, and industrial noise.

I thought it would be your cup of tea. Theres no doom though. A long song does not mean its doom.

Blut Aus Nord's music in The Work Which Transforms God and Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity would go GREAT in the new David Lynch film "INLAND EMPIRE". For those into independent and experimental films you would understand me.

Blut Aus Nord's music in The Work Which Transforms God and Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity would go GREAT in the new David Lynch film "INLAND EMPIRE". For those into independent and experimental films you would understand me.

there's an interesting thought...hm

If you think Infernal Battles is the best Deathspell Omega album then you're a fucking faggot. And SMRC is not as amazing as everyone else says that it is, but yes, it is better than the new one.

I'm talking about the people who say things like it's one of the top ten greatest Black Metal albums of all time. I don't know if it would even crack my top 25 or 50.

I thought it would be your cup of tea. Theres no doom though. A long song does not mean its doom.

I know that, but it evokes a doom-like atmosphere not seen since Godflesh.

I forgot my copy of Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom at home... I really want to listen to it. It's great black metal in the vein of Beherit or Archgoat.

If you think Infernal Battles is the best Deathspell Omega album then you're a fucking faggot. And SMRC is not as amazing as everyone else says that it is, but yes, it is better than the new one.

Add Inquisitors Of Satan, DeathSpell Omega/Moonblood split and Mütiilation / Deathspell Omega. Shaxul was a much better vocalist. Even if he was not doing anything really special.